Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Senior CAD Technician.
The CAD Technician will develop innovative design solutions to manufacturing related issues. To mistake proof fixtures and make existing tooling & hardware designs more robust to wear and tear.
This is a permanent role based in Galway with excellent progression opportunities
Key Responsibilities of Senior CAD Technician:
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production equipment, fixtures and hardware designs.
- Create prototypes on Solid Works to develop concepts and design improvements
- Liaise with third party tooling manufacturers on drawing queries, tolerance stack-ups and updating approved drawings.
- Assist ME?s in design methods, part sourcing and associated documentation.
- Ability to create 3D printed prototypes.
- Interface with a variety of company personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- The ability to work to tight timelines when the situation requires while delivering solutions.
- Assists in driving material changes to increasing tooling & hardware timelines.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Minimum Level 6 Diploma in Mechanical / Production / Manufacturing / Mechatronics Engineering
- 4 + years? experience in a modern design environment with previous experience in some of the following: AutoCAD; solid works, tolerance analysis, etc.
- A strong knowledge of design for manufacture (DFM) essential.
- Proven experience in tooling design including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation.
- Ability to work on own with minimum supervision.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.