Senior Lean Engineer:
Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Senior Lean Engineer.
The Senior Lean Engineer will be in control of developing a culture of Operational Excellence by developing the competencies and skills of the wider Organisation. They will identify and lead value improvement and waste elimination projects that drive plant and company performance improvements while promoting the development and advancement of the lean culture within the plant.
This is a permanent role based in Galway with excellent progression opportunities
Key Responsibilities of Senior Lean Engineer:
- Provide technical leadership on Operational Excellence/Lean systems and tools
- Lead, coach and mentor the Industrial Engineering team in Continuous Improvement, Lean and Operational Excellence thinking
- Lead facility layout and design projects with the Process Development Engineering, Production, Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering teams (as directed by site).
- Drive the ongoing introduction and advancement of lean manufacturing culture, principles and practices across the plant and work with local management to define and implement the Operational Excellence goals and plans at a site and local level.
- Constantly promote, educate and instil the culture of waste identification and elimination throughout the plant in manufacturing and support areas.
- Coordinate and lead general engineering tasks, which may include: creating and updating standards, maintaining BOMS and routers and creating and approving change requests (as directed by site).
- Develop and conduct Lean training programs for employees at all levels and departments.
- Create, maintain and refine a Lean toolkit that can include: 5S, Kaizen, quick change over, value stream mapping, mistake proofing and line balancing.
- Promote cross-functional and inter-site teamwork to accomplish shared objectives.
- May supervise, mentor or provide work direction to other members of the Industrial Engineering team.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
Requirements of the Senior Lean Engineer:
- HETAC Level 8 qualification in a relevant discipline with a minimum of 6-8 years’ experience.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Experience of leading project and working amongst cross functional departments
- Experience of managing engineers is desirable
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.