Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Senior Process Development Technician
The Senior Process Development Technician will work as part of a team on the development of robust, capable, cost effective & safe manufacturing processes, equipment, materials and products and supports efficient and effective transfer of new products & processes into commercial production.
This is an initial contract role based in Galway with excellent progression opportunities
Key Responsibilities of Senior Process Development Technician:
- Demonstrates a good technical expertise on process technologies to support design, optimisation, validation and troubleshooting of those technologies.
- Provides input to Equipment engineering or external equipment/tooling or material vendors in the selection, design & development of new (or upgrades to existing) equipment, tooling and materials.
- Supports the development and execution of experimentation and testing to enable characterisation, optimization and troubleshooting of processes and equipment and summarises, analyses and draws conclusions from test results leading to effective technical resolution.
- Support the introduction of new processes, equipment and materials including installation, calibration, EHS assessment debug, and all associated process and quality system documentation requirements including technical and process work instructions.
- Support all continuous improvement activity ? application of Six Sigma & Lean methodologies to assist in the characterization, optimization, trouble shooting and development of efficient, cost effective equipment and processes.
- Supports execution and documentation of validation builds, co-ordinates testing of validation units and compiles, analyses and reports on the validation results.
- Travel to other sites / vendors as part of Technology development & transfer activities.
- HETAC Level 6 qualified in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 1-2 years relevant experience.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / firstname.lastname@example.org / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.