Senior Project Lead Engineer:
Our client a leading provider of medical devices, supplies and pharmaceuticals now seek a Senior Project Lead Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading teams in the successful execution of project programs in several categories, amongst them will be Material Changes, New Process / Equipment Introduction, Continuous Improvement ( OPEX ) / Cost Reduction
This is an initial 18 month contract in The Midlands.
Responsibilities of Senior Project Lead Engineer:
- Successfully lead teams to deliver all project requirements in respect of scope, cost, time and functionality, ensuring that all KPI targets are successfully achieved to schedule
- Consistently adhere to and champion the use of project management standard practices in the areas of Initiation, Planning, Execution, Controlling and Closing ( PMBOK )
- Prepare User Requirement Specifications (URS ) matching customer needs, Project Charters, Work Breakdown Structures, Capital Expenditure Requests ( CERs ), Project Plans, Site and Factory Acceptance Test Protocols
- Ensure all Change Control requirements are satisfied and conduct all business ensuring compliance with appropriate standards
- Liaise effectively with Corporate functions as appropriate, e.g. Project Management, Process Engineering, Maintenance, Facilities, Marketing, R&D, Regulatory compliance, Quality Assurance
- Track and report out on projects using standard templates ensuring all necessary information is available to key Stakeholders, e.g. Engineering Manager, Financial Controller, OpEx Leader
- Follow all elements of the Corporate Procurement Manuals, ensuring that project files are suitable for audit as required
- Support the Engineering Manager in the management of projects and programmes
- Use Six Sigma and Lean principles appropriately to optimise processes, layouts and line ergonomics
- Identify cost saving and continuous improvement opportunities which feed into the facility Opex plan
Requirements of Senior Project Lead Engineer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering related discipline (Mechanical, Manufacturing, Automation or equivalent)
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in a Project / Process / Validation Engineering role ideally within Manufacturing or Engineering Project Management functions, preferably in a Medical Device Manufacturer or equivalent Regulated Industry
- Proven experience in delivering projects from conception to completion, resulting in significant cost savings and process improvements
- Strong understanding and experience of PMBOK process or equivalent for Project Management
- Candidates would ideally be certified to minimum Green Belt in Lean Six Sigma
- Candidates should have formal Project Management Certification (PMP, IPMA or equivalent ).
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.