Our client, an innovative blue-chip medical device manufacturer based in Ireland, are expanding their product portfolio to include a range of new products focused on delivery of minimally invasive medical devices.
Given this expansion, we are now actively recruiting for a Senior BioMedical R&D Engineer who will be responsible for the design and develop of this next generation products.
The successful candidate will work within a dynamic New Product Development Team specialized in development of these cutting edge medical devices for commercialization in all major global healthcare markets.
This is a permanent role, based in Galway.
Key Responsibilities for Senior R&D BioMedical Engineer:
- Develop a deep understanding of the disease state, gather user needs, and translate into technical specifications.
- Generate creative product solutions to address unmet needs.
- Develop test models for prototype performance evaluations.
- Build and test prototypes; analyse test data and interpret to identify optimal solution(s).
- Create detailed component and finished device assembly drawings/specifications.
- Identify and select product materials, assembly methods and define process settings.
- Develop and deliver project plans to performance, time and cost targets.
- Leverage and liaise with external resources to achieve project goals.
- Identify and manage of key risks throughout the product lifecycle.
- Write procedures, protocols, specifications, and reports.
- Evaluate and assess physician (user) techniques and develop product training materials.
- Develop marketing materials (presentations/videos/demos).
Requirements for Senior R&D BioMedical Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Biomedical Engineering is required. - Advanced qualification is a distinct advantage.
- 5+ years? experience in a relevant mechanical/biomedical device design & development role (including design with SolidWorks, prototyping, and testing) is desired.
- Track record of deliver in a similar role is highly desirable.
Please contact Larry on +353 1 2302400 / firstname.lastname@example.org / www.rftgroup.ie
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter