Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Senior R&D Engineer
The Senior R&D Engineer will be involved with the Development of Products, Processes and Equipment, including product and material specifications, material sourcing, equipment and tooling specifications and sourcing, process development and testing, to develop new products for customers or the Company from concept to design freeze.
This is a permanent role based in the West of Ireland commutable also from parts of the Midlands with excellent progression opportunities.
Key Responsibilities of Senior R&D Engineer
- Development of Products, Processes and Equipment, including product and material specifications, material sourcing, equipment and tooling specifications and sourcing, process development and testing, to develop new products for customers or the Company from concept to design freeze.
- Project manage all developments to ensure that all commitments are achieved including functional prototypes, delivery dates, design iteration samples, test protocols and reports, project costs and other project deliverables are achieved.
- Ensure full compliance with all Quality, Regulatory, Health and Safety and other relevant legislation. This will include the completion of Design History Files, Design Inputs, Outputs, Design Reviews, Log books, etc as necessary. Ensure full traceability of Design Development and control of changes.
- Ensure full and effective transfer of new products after Design Freeze to manufacturing areas ensuring that the product and processes are fully developed to allow product/process validation to begin. Provide comprehensive training to production, quality and technical staff to ensure a smooth production start including validations and records.
- Constantly review the development processes to ensure they are effective and compliant with the goal to achieve the optimum development cycles at minimum cost. Ensure Lean GROWTTH principles are followed especially 3P, 5S, DMAIC and 6 sigma.
- Train and develop junior engineers and other technical staff. Assign tasks and provide support and assistance to the development team.
- Provide assistance and support to other departments including Production, Quality and Technical as required. This could include major issues with new products/processes developed, resource balancing and major priorities. Participate in CAPA, Audit, Validation, MRB/NCMR activities if required.
- Minimum Level 8 Qualification in Engineering or Science, preferably in Mechanical or Medical
- Ideally Design capability with CAD systems (Solid Edge)
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in a Medical Devices Environment with knowledge of medical device products and associated manufacturing processes, in particular with extrusion based catheter assemblies.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.