Our client, a medical devices manufacturer based in Munster now seek a Software Engineer.
The Software Engineer Provides software support to the Manufacturing organization to facilitate efficient operations within the production area, to optimize existing processes, and to ensure that production goals are met. Interfaces with Quality and Research and Development organizations to integrate new products or processes into the existing manufacturing area.
This is a permanent position with excellent advancement opportunities and very good salary and benefits.
Responsibilities of Software Engineer:
- Initiates and completes technical activities regarding software leading to new or improved products or process, for current programs, next generation programs and to meet strategic goals and objectives of the company. Prepares reports, publishes, and makes presentations to communicate findings.
- Analyzes and solves software problems from basic engineering principles, theories and concepts through to a wide range of complex and advanced problems which require novel and new innovative approaches or a major breakthrough in technology.
- Understands software principles theories, concepts, practices and techniques. Develops knowledge in a field to become a recognized leader or authority in an area of specialization and applies this knowledge in leadership roles in the company.
- Knowledge of PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Architects methodologies to enable high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Develops Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Incorporates business policies and procedures into task completion. Understands the business needs of the company, and has knowledge of the customer needs of our business. Understands the business cycle and foresight of emerging technologies trends.
- Cultivates internal and external network of resources to complete tasks. Serves has a resource in the selection orientation and training of new engineers and employees. May lead a project team, determining goals and objectives for the projects. Mentors employees by sharing technical expertise and providing feedback and guidance.
- Interacts cross functionally and with internal and external customers. Serves as a consultant for engineering or scientific interpretations and advice on significant matters. Acts as a spokesperson to customers on business unit current and future capabilities.
Requirements for Software Engineer:
- Degree in Electronic/Software Engineering
- 3-4 years? experience in a regulated industry experience ? software development preferable
- C, C+ and Labview experience desirable
For more information and in strict confidence please send an up to date CV and cover note to John Reid at the RFT Group email@example.com/ 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.