Software Equipment Engineer:
Our client, a medical devices manufacturer based in Galway, now seeks an experienced Software Equipment Engineer to provide software support to the Equipment Design, Maintenance, and Manufacturing groups.
The successful candidate will develop new manufacturing and test equipment and systems used in the development and production of medical devices.
This is a permanent role based in Galway.
Responsibilities of Software Equipment Engineer:
- Independently or as member of a team; develops specifications, designs, plans and builds complex manufacturing and test equipment and software systems.
- Platform and Delivers Software Development for new designs and equipment updates, Delivers Equipment Documentation under quality SOPs and following GDP, Delivers Commissioning of Equipment and Troubleshooting of Equipment Issues.
- Delivers the day to day activities within time and budget and with minimal supervision.
- Defines Control Manages projects and portions of projects as part of a larger team.
- Supervises the work and gives direction to other Junior Software Equipment Engineers
- Determines Project schedules and works with team and other departments across the plant to ensure adherence.
- Works closely with the customer to understand requirements and propose creative and cost effective solutions.
- Generates quotations, concepts and business cases for new and upgraded equipment.
Requirements for Software Equipment Engineer:
- Honours Bachelors in Engineering (electronic/software/industrial) preferred.
- 4+ years’ experience in software/control system design for equipment role.
- Experience with at least one of the following:
Ladder Logic, Visual Basic, Machine Control with PLC/PC, Database and SCADA systems, Vision systems.
- Working knowledge of software validation and 21 CFR part 11 guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a cross functional environment.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.