Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Supplier Quality Engineer.
The role of the Supplier Quality Engineer is to assist with the implementation of and compliance to the Quality Management program and for supporting company goals, objectives, policies, procedures, quality systems and compliance with regulatory requirements (ISO, FDA, JPAL and other agencies as applicable), specifically in the area of Supplier Quality
This is a permanent role based in The Midlands with excellent progression opportunities
Key responsibilities of Supplier Quality Engineer:
? Prepare, maintain and review supplier quality assurance procedures to ensure compliance with customer and regulatory requirements.
- Complete the supplier performance review process. Generate appropriate performance metrics, and drive resolution of issues.
? May also audit third-party manufacturers to ensure due diligence of supplier and subcontractor vendor selection process Review and analyze corrective action reports (SCAR's) to reduce and eliminate defects.
? Process and implement supplier changes through the supplier change notification process
? Support supply chain managers in the development of new suppliers or existing suppliers of new components, to improve reliability and/or reduce cost.
? Support the development of budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Drive continuous performance improvement and issue resolution with suppliers, engineering, and manufacturing utilizing tools such as Six Sigma DMAIC, FMEA, SPC, 8D Root Cause Analysis and Lean Manufacturing concepts.
? Lead briefings and technical meetings for internal and external representatives.
? Stay current with FDA and International requirements and industry trends in regards to regulations and expectations for industry
? Follow safety policies and quality system requirements.
? Miscellaneous activities and responsibilities as assigned by management.
? Follow strict adherence to the requirements of CGMP.
? Comply with all relevant training required and adhere to relevant associated documentation.
? Actively contribute to the enhancement of compliance initiatives for areas of responsibility.
Key requirements of Supplier Quality Engineer
- Five years' experience in a similar role
- Strong computer skills (MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc).
- Familiarity with statistical tools such as Pareto charts and trend charts.
- Experience with problem solving techniques.
- Familiarity of working in a regulated environment, specifically medical device, FDA or ISO registered work environments.
- Ability to effectively communicate highly technical information, both verbally and in writing, to both non-technical and technical associates.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.