My client a leading and rapidly expanding Pharmaceutical Company now require a Supplier Quality Specialist to join their rapidly expanding team.
The Supplier Quality Specialist will represent Quality to improve awareness, visibility, communication on quality initiatives to support departmental, functional, site, divisional and corporate quality goals and priorities.
This is an initial contract position based in Galway with strong package and good possibility of being made permanent.
Responsibilities of Supplier Quality Specialist
- Provides engineering support for activities related to supplier selection and evaluation, material qualification, supplier performance and receiving inspection.
- Contributes to the development, maintenance and improvements of supplier quality policies and procedures.
- Provides guidance to Purchasing and Engineers in applying supplier quality system requirements.
- Reviews and approves all material and component specification drawings.
- Provides engineering guidance to Receiving Inspection technicians including statistical analysis, measurement techniques and documentation.
- Assesses supplier capabilities through direct visits, technical discussions and quality system audits.
- Contributes to and participates in Material Review Boards.
- Contributes and participates in supplier performance reviews.
- Evaluates and establishes Supplied Data Agreements (Ship to stock Programmes) with suppliers.
- Works with product line engineering to assess and address material quality issues.
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of related quality standards, including ISO and GMP.
- Assists in establishing and implementing Supplier QA Department improvement goals.
- Evaluates in conjunction with EHS new equipment/processes/chemicals for environmental impact/effect to eliminate or lessen such impacts/effects.
Requirements for Supplier Quality Specialist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or Quality Assurance, (min HETAC level 8)
- At minimum 2 years experience in an Engineering / Quality role in a Health Care environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with good leadership abilities.
- Candidates should have a proven track record of working in a fast paced environment with strong technical capabilities and be capable of handling multiple development aspects of assigned projects
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialize exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors
For more information please contact John at The RFT Group / www.rftgroup.ie / 01 2302400 or click apply below