Global Supply Chain, Associate Director
Our client is an exciting ambitious fast growing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer. An exciting product pipeline scheduled for launch over the coming years will stretch and grow the person who holds this post.
Job Spec :
- Ensure the effective operation of the Global Supply Chain function to provide timely delivery of finished goods in accordance with commercial requirements.
- Ensure that all products supplied and all systems within the control of the Global Supply Chain function are operated in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, cGMP and company policy
- Play a leading role in developing and implementing a sourcing strategy for the company’s commercial supply operations, using market intelligence to support the proposed strategy and tactics.
- Implement data analysis and review of spend data to facilitate sourcing strategy.
- Establish and lead the demand planning/inventory management process for multiple products, take preventative actions to avoid potential supply issues.
- Establish and manage ongoing metric scorecards and KPI’s for supply chain/strategic procurement activities.
- Develop supply strategy to maximize supply efficiency, minimize waste while identifying risk and develop risk mitigation plans.
- Assist with contracting processes and management of contract activities with key business partners.
- Maintain an effective planning and procurement process for all externally manufactured products, and work closely with the Quality and Finance functions within Operations to ensure demand requirements are fulfilled.
- Assist with preparation of program budgets.
- Develop strong internal collaboration with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Manage direct reports as required.
- Identify continuous improvement and best practice projects for supply chain and strategic procurement function.
- Assess the current supplier base; identify potential weaknesses and propose risk mitigation measures.
- Develop mutually beneficial vendor relationships. Negotiate supply agreements with designated key vendors, by balancing business requirements with cost, quality and customer service.
- Act as overall business relationship manager for designated key vendors, holding regular business review meetings, assessing performance via structured Key Performance Indicators, and ensuring effective communication and operational oversight. Ensure contract compliance.
- Project manage initiatives on behalf of company to ensure that manufacturing or technical issues are resolved; lead the internal team to support changes such as product launches.
- Analyse and understand overall external spend and collaborate with individual vendors on specific annual savings targets.
- Bachelors in life sciences or business major required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 7 years in life sciences industry related experience.
- At least 5 years direct experience in Supply Chain including procurement, sourcing, planning, distribution
- At least 4 years of strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and implementation.
- Supply Chain management experience supporting both internal manufacturing and external contract manufacturing organizations is desirable.
- APICS certification (CPIM, CRIM, CSCP) preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in inventory management and forecasting drug supply needs.
- Demonstrated experience and leadership in demand planning function.
- Familiar with the process and systems related to managing the forecasting and planning of drug supply needs.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and application of sales and operations planning process.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of strategic procurement process including data analysis, RFQ process, negotiation strategy and contract management.
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor a metrics performance package for global supply chain and procurement activities.
- Capable of maintaining strict contract compliance whilst maintaining positive business relationship with vendors
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of import/ export regulations and pharmaceutical logistics/distribution practices.
- General understanding of budgeting and strategic planning process.
- General knowledge of GMP and/or GCP.
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with large scale ERP systems (SAP preferred but not essential).
- Demonstrates flexibility through adapting to external environment influences through development of new strategies and tactics.
- Excellent communication, influencing and collaboration skills.
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills required to effectively address problems and interface with other functional areas of the company while working in a matrixed global environment.
- Travel - domestic and international – up to 25%.
Please forward your CV application to email@example.com or call 01 2302400.