The Ass. Supply Chain Manager is responsible for Supply Chain operational activities for a portfolio of internal and third-party customers and internal/external suppliers in order to meet volume forecast targets. Includes management of internal and external Customer and Supplier Alliances, responsibility for the supply chain cycle for a portfolio managed products, as well as responsibility for ERP based sales and purchase order processing. In addition, the Ass Supply Chain Manager is responsible for key product portfolio management. In this role, the Associate Supply Chain Manager will provide leadership and guidance to the associates and specialists on the team.
REPORTS TO: Senior Supply Chain Manager
- Interfaces with internal and third party Distributors as well as internal/external Suppliers to resolve day to day supply chain and logistics issues. Includes issues related to product supply, forecast adjustments/variations, supplier service and customer performance. Escalate to Director if an agreement on solutions cannot be reached.
- Lead and prepare regular (monthly) cross-functional demand and supply review meetings with internal and external partners. Documenting the meeting minutes and action log.
- Execute the ERP based purchase and sales order processes (both internal and external customers) from receiving incoming orders, placing purchase orders, through confirming and tracking shipments to delivery and payment in order to meet customer requirements. It is imperative that all month/Quarter end deliveries are tracked and receipted on time for sales revenue recognition and all deliveries at risk (3rd party & interco) are identified to Supply Chain and Financial management from day 20th in the monthly cycle. For ALL 3rd party customer shipments at RISK, these must be escalated to SC Director and General Manager for engagement and assistance in shipment resolution.
- Support accurate and timely invoicing to the customer and work closely with Corporate Finance Accounts Receivable on open issues.
- Manage the relationship with carriers and customs to assure timely and continuity of supply
- Track shipping activities for adherence to agreed lead-times and schedules and work with appropriate internal/external parties to expedite activities as needed. It is critical that where 3rd parties are managing the freight that you work closely with them to ensure the product is dispatched in line with shipping schedule to meet the sales forecast.
- Communicate supply chain and logistics issues and delays promptly and facilitate resolution as needed.
- Maintains up to date files of assigned product portfolio by SKU, lead-time, expiration date, and obsolescence.
- Contributes to ensuring the maintenance of a robust and efficient Supply Chain data archiving system
- Manage the Supply Chain through a firm understanding of your customer/supplier contracts. Maintain compliance with the contract requirements as identified through CPA notifications and resolve in the timelines defined.
- Engage in the Technical transfer process for products in your portfolio as a team member, ensuring that you influence the TT to complete as per the timelines and per the contract requirements. Escalating at an appropriate time to ensure compliance to timelines and contract.
- Participate & Drive Continuous improvement in a supply chain by Identifying issues and root cause analysis to improve the supply chain effectiveness & efficiency.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external contacts in manufacturing, packaging suppliers, supply chain, Regulatory Affairs, QA.
- Maintains records and prepares reports relating to Customer and Supplier performance with respect to timing, quantity and planning horizons.
- Monitors and improves Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for an assigned portfolio of Customers / Suppliers.
- Contributes to periodic (daily, monthly) supply chain reports to facilitate the monitoring of operational supply chain activity.
- Comply with internal SOPs and appropriate legislation and company policies including, but limited to SOX
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required and APICS certified an advantage
- Minimum 5 years supply chain experience
- Ability to write SOPs and interact with Quality/Regulatory department