Technical Sales Executive Europe Industrial and Electronics
Our client is a highly successful multinational company that enjoys a leadership position in the development and manufacture of pressure-sensitive adhesives, tapes, speciality films, coatings, and laminates.
Reporting to the Sales Director, Europe the newly appointed Technical Sales Executive, Europe Industrial Electronics will actively sell company products and services to new and established customers. Develops new project opportunities. Applies knowledge of company services, products, and marketing techniques to generate new sales revenue. Works with Sales Director, Europe developing new products, executing Business Plan and meeting Business Area’s goals. Manages customers and requires up to 60%+ travel. Performs other assignments (or duties) as required.
Job Spec :
-Has European Sales responsibility with assigned territory and/or market responsibility
-Makes identifiable and substantial contributions to continuous improvement through personal objectives and goals.
-Responds to internal and external customer requests (ie: E-Mail, voice mail, etc.) within 24 hrs.
-Actively sells company products and services by interacting with established and new target customers.
-Actively works with key customers and/or converters to identify, enter and support new project opportunities.
-Develops strategic sales plans, business plans and customer proposals which demonstrate and ensure growth to meet Business Area sales and margin goals.
-Manages forecast of existing and new products by communicating that information within the company. Provides monthly forecast update for Oracle
-Prepares company to accept an order and/or a developmental run. (Includes securing and renewing orders, negotiating contracts, communicating lead times and delivery dates, and informing internal staff of customers' requirements.)
-Confers with Director of Sales of Business Area in the development of new product(s) and/or project(s) as result of identifying new opportunities.
-Informs customers of supply and price trends, and assists in inventory control.
Confers with Director of Sales in discussions determining the strategic direction of products, markets and the Business Area.
-Maintains records and prepare reports in a timely manner on all phases of sales activities.
-Prepares and assists in managing tradeshows.
-Active member of Project Team(s) in the Product Development Process. Monitors and drives timely completion of key milestones in the development process.
You will be a technically qualified professional, B2B sales person, ideally selling into the industrial / electronics industries, used to working on complex deals involving cutting edge technologies.
The ideal candidate will have a background in technical industrial and electronics adhesives. You will have an understanding of the different characteristics of adhesives, their different uses within the industrial and electronics fields.
< Ability to travel 60%+ of the time.
< International experience in solution selling sales role.
< Strong listening, communication, presentation and leadership skills.
< Project management experience.
< Seeks to have a positive impact on the business with a strong drive for results.
< Thorough understanding in negotiating confidentiality agreements, developmental and supply contracts.
< Ability to think strategically and work in a team environment.
< Proven track record of entering and closing new project opportunities and generating new sales revenue.
< Ability to negotiate value propositions.
< Strong general financial understanding.
- The Right Attitude – It is essential that you can demonstrate, through past performance, the necessary drive, determination and ambition to be successful in the role.
- Strong Track Record of Success - A demonstrable track record of sales achievement throughout your career in an international business role.
- Pro-activity / Decision Making Skills – You should be able to identify your approach to the role through examples of how you have targeted new / existing market places in the past and your successes as a result of positive decision making.
- The Ability / Desire to Learn – Due to the complex nature and wide range of products and services that AR provide, it is essential that you have a clear desire to learn new skills and can bring a fresh approach to the role.
- Creative Proposal / Quotation and Report Writing Skills – You must have experience of creating and delivering proposals ranging from simple quotations through to complex bids covering a multitude of solution options covering all of the value ranges mentioned above.
- Excellent Presentation Skills – You will have clearly demonstrable presentation skills, showing the confidence and capability to address one person or groups. You will have an engaging style and be able to share potentially complex information succinctly and with interest.
Cv to Gerry@rftgroup.ie 01 2302400