Our client, a medical devices manufacturer based in Munster are going through a substantial period of growth and now require a Test Engineer.
The Test Engineer will be responsible for providing electrical test engineering support and expertise in the testing, manufacturing, design, and development of implantable electronic medical devices. Work with production teams to improve product quality, electrical production test yields and performance of production test systems.
This is a permanent role based in Munster with excellent progression opportunities.
Responsibilities of Test Engineer:
- Perform Failure analysis on electronic and electrical test systems to get to root cause to component level for implantable electronic medical devices.
- Using knowledge of standard test software applications, able to work with in-house and external software developers to define and drive improvements and changes to test software applications and systems.
- Work with cross functional groups to improve product quality, lean efficiency’s and test system efficiency’s and reduction in production fallout.
- Performs tests, analyzes data, writes reports and has an ability to work from schematics, engineering drawings, and written or verbal instructions.
- Good data analysis skills and using common applications and in-house tracking systems.
- Utilizing good documentation skills complete regulatory submissions using change notice process and procedures.
- Work with quality, manufacturing engineering and operations, providing improvement feedback and assisting with resolution of quality and manufacturing issues.
Requirements of Test Engineer:
- Level 8 technical qualification in electrical or electronic engineering or related discipline
- Previous knowledge in a test environment and have experience in electrical testing of electronic and mechanical devices
- A knowledge of test software applications such as LabView and C or C++ and experience in validations in the medical device industry would be an advantage.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.