Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare organisation now require a qualified and experienced Tooling Technician. This is a permanent role based in Galway.
The successful candidate will be part of core team to respond to equipment, yield and process related issues, implement corrective and preventative actions to eliminate repeat instances.
Key Responsibilities of Tooling Technician:
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures. A strong focus will be on supporting core polymer processes including Extrusion & Injection Moulding from a tooling perspective.
- Take a lead role in investigating and implementing new methods, optimization of existing tooling design & materials, implementation of rapid changeover (SMED) principles, improved storage and handling systems.
- Maintain a critical spares inventory for key tooling related maintenance items to minimize downtime.
- Take a lead role in tooling design, sourcing and documentation.
- Perform tooling & equipment qualifications, including report writing etc.
- Educate & train the broader process technician and product builder population in relation to best practices for handling, changeover and storage of tooling, and implement systems to establish this as everyday practice.
- Design, specify, manufacture, test and document production equipment, changes and improvements.
- Interface with a variety of client personnel and with outside vendors when necessary while performing the above.
- Take responsibility for preventative maintenance procedures with an assigned process or area.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager.
- HETAC Level 6 qualification, ideally in Polymer/Materials Engineering or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of tooling materials, tooling design analysis, handling & storage.
- Strong knowledge of Extrusions & Injection Moulding processes a distinct advantage.
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well both as part of a team but also able to work on own with minimum supervision.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.