The Associate Director, Master Data Management (AD MDM) is responsible for the development and implementation of master data governance, standards, quality and policies across our global business. The AD MDM ensures that master data is effectively owned, managed, and controlled, leading to high quality master data across the business. The AD MDM works closely with functional master data owners and other stakeholders to embed master data strategy, policies, and governance and to reinforce consistency and integration.
The AD MDM also serves as the master data workstream business process owner (BPO) for SAP S4 HANA and other major systems implementations within the business.
The role will be split across project, governance and operational responsibilities.
MD GOVERNANCE AND OPERATIONS
- Develops and implements MD policies, standards and business processes to support our global business objectives
- Evaluates and implements appropriate MD tools in partnership with other stakeholders in support of our global business objectives
- Develops and builds appropriate MD matrix organization structures including communities of best practice and data ownership in support of our global business objectives
- Develops and builds MD service level metrics in partnership with the functional stakeholders
- Leads MD project workstream and provides subject matter expertise
- Partners with IS project lead, other Business Process Owners and other SME to ensure successful project delivery
- Partners with IS Data Migration lead to ensure adherence to data migration plans
- Partners with Data Migration Team to create, maintain and deploy methodologies for the continual collection of data and the assessment of data quality against defined criteria
- Partners with Business Process Owners and SMEs to identify and close gaps in data scope and quality
- Manages MD governance implementation activities within project team including UAT preparation and execution, cleansing and verification of local and global data elements, cut over planning and execution, user testing, training & change management, communication and reporting, hyper-care planning and execution
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 7 years’ experience working in a global MD governance environment
- Experience and track record of developing MD policies, standards, processes and governance especially in global pharma / healthcare organization
- Experience working in a senior master data role in a SAP Implementation
- Demonstrate understanding of master data in at least two functional areas
- Previous experience managing master data projects in complex environments
- Experience of planning and implementation of large volumes of data change
- Experience of best practice project management
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Advanced degree preferred