Our client, a Pharma manufacturing company based in Dublin, now seek an experienced Automation Engineer for their site, who will be Subject Matter Expert (SME) in all Automation activities on site including Manufacturing Systems, Operational Technology, Machine Automation and Digitalization.
Reporting directly to Automation Manager, this hire will support technical availability, operation, optimization, maintenance and life cycle management of buildings, systems, production, and infrastructure equipment assigned to automation department. Additionally, this hire will develop and implement the Global Automation strategies that will standardize automation group processes and infrastructure.
This is a permanent role in Dublin with strong salary and benefits package. Option for hybrid work.
Responsibilities for Automation IT Engineer:
Act as system administrator for automation systems, manage system user access
Monitor computerized systems performance to ensure maximum system uptime and support routine system patching programs.
Troubleshooting and implementation of any corrective actions, including working with vendor technical support resources
Identify, plan and implement small projects to optimize system performance
Participate/lead investigations related to control system deviations.
As a support Site Automation & Digitalization projects, including:
- participate and make suggestions for capital planning, spending and tracking
- execute/document assigned project tasks within planned schedule and budget, this may include the installation/configuration of systems hardware/software, authoring/updating system documentation
- create engineering deliverables including: User Requirements, Functional Design Specifications, Network Architectures, SOPs
- develop test scripts (commissioning/qualification protocols)
- participating in developing software lifecycle plans/road maps
- Support maintaining a complete and accurate documentation for equipment and systems
- Develop Automation solutions that are consistent with specific needs of the manufacturing environment.
- Guide the Automation roll-out process at the Site level ensuring cost, schedule and technical solution are achieved.
- Lead and guide Site working groups to ensure clear action plans with delivery milestones for Automation strategies.
In-depth knowledge and expertise in Automation solutions (such as: Siemens, Omron, Mitsubishi (PLC, HMI, SCADA), i-Fix, Wonderware, Inmation and OSI Pi (SCADA, Data Management), knowledge of protocols (OPC, Modbus, Ethernet/IP, Profinet, Profibus), SQL databases, scripting language).
Knowledge of GAMP software development lifecycle, ANSI/ISA-S88 and S95 industry standards, 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11.
Working knowledge of network architecture technologies including TCP/IP, Routing, Switching, Network IDS/IPS, Active Directory, Domain Integration and Firewalls
Requirements for Automation IT Engineer:
BSc Degree in relevant Engineering i.e. either Automation, Robotics, Computer Science, Electrical, Process, Mechanical, Chemical or equivalent discipline.
3+ year experience in pharmaceutical manufacturing process, regulatory environment (including GxP/QA knowledge), trends in automation innovation.
Broad knowledge of Automation solutions and best practice in field of expertise.
Analytical and conceptual thinking. Experience with data analysis.
Strong problem-solving capabilities and financial acumen.
Please contact Larry on +353 1 2302400 / email@example.com
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter