Our client is a very successful ambitious global manufacturer of innovative biopharmaceuticals. With a strong commercial portfolio and drug pipeline, and a well-managed high performing, highly motivated workforce, driven by the highest operational excellence standards, this is an outstanding opportunity for a bright ambitious business development expert.
Our client has an exciting opportunity available for a Director on our Business Development Team. The position is primarily responsible for leading and/or supporting corporate strategy development, in licensing/ M&A activities and out-licensing where appropriate. Primary responsibilities fall into two major roles, search and evaluation activities and transaction activities.
- Search and evaluation activities include:
- Screening products, companies and therapeutic areas
- Working with cross-functional teams to assess and track assets and companies
- Coordinating due diligence of licensing opportunities
- Building and/or supporting product/market financial modeling
- Conducting and/or supporting primary and secondary market research
- Building and presenting slides/business cases to senior management summarizing key relevant information to enable decision making
- Preparing out-licensing decks where appropriate
- Transaction activities include:
- Analyzing and proposing term structures and ranges based on financial models and relevant comps
- Constructing term sheets in partnership with Legal and Finance
- Working closely with the Legal team on contract construction and review
- Supporting and/or leading negotiations and negotiation strategy
This position may also include managing and developing another Business Development team member.
- Masters of Business Administration or graduate degree in life sciences preferred
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working for a pharmaceutical/biotech company in business development, licensing, search and evaluation or strategic analysis capacities or experience working for a consulting firm or investment bank focused on the pharmaceutical/biotech markets with additional pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience
- Preferred experience working in the therapeutic area of CNS and/or oncology
- Strong analytical, communication, project management and project leadership skills, as well as the ability to execute plans/projects on rigid timetables, are essential
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to perform complex financial calculations such as product forecasting, pro-forma product P&L modeling (including sensitivity analyses), probability adjusted net present value, internal rate of return, etc.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply principles of logic or scientific thinking to a wide range of complex intellectual and practical problems. Ability to understand scientific concepts and to analyze unrelated and sometimes incomplete data to make significant judgments about external and internal business issues and concepts
- Research Experience: Experience with qualitative and quantitative market research techniques is preferred
- Business Acumen: A broad business understanding (particularly of the pharmaceutical/biotech industry) and the ability to coordinate cross-functionally is essential.
- Communication Skills: The ability to make professional and credible first impressions with internal and external customers and write/present clear, succinct and convincing presentations at varying levels of detail depending on the project scope and audience is important to this position.
- Ability to use software for spreadsheet analysis, word processing, electronic mail and presentations graphics are essential
- Experience using databases such as IQVIA, SYNEOS AnswerSuite, Inova, Adis, etc. is strongly preferred
- The ability to influence others in a tactful and well thought-out manner with supporting information and logic
CV to firstname.lastname@example.org