My client a leading Medical Device company now requires a CAD Technician to join their expanding team.
The CAD Engineer will collaborate with Engineering in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production equipment, fixtures and hardware designs.
This is a permanent role based in Galway.
Responsibilities of CAD Technician
- Creates prototypes on Solid Works to develop concepts and design improvements
Liaises with third party tooling manufacturers on drawing queries, tolerance stack-ups and updating approved drawings.
Checks drawings versus the project inputs for correctness and conformance to standards.
Works with Designers/Engineers regarding model accuracy, design, drafting standards and print package documentation.
Creates 2d working drawings of product components
Disciplined record keeping and maintenance of drawings and files.
The ability to work to tight timelines when the situation requires while delivering solutions.
Assists in driving material changes to increasing tooling & hardware timelines.
Builds quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
Requirements of CAD Technician
- Requires min. HETAC level 6 in Technical, Science or Engineering discipline or Senior Trades Qualification.
- A strong knowledge of design for manufacture (DFM) essential.
- 3+ years’ experience in a modern design environment with previous experience in some of the following: Solidworks SME, 3D printing.
- Proven experience in tooling design including computer aided tooling / fixture design, build and implementation.
- Knowledge in the area of moulding design
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialize exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
For more information please contact John at The RFT Group / www.rftgroup.ie / 01 2302400 or click apply below