Our client, an innovative cell therapy company dedicated to the development of chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) cell therapies for haematology and oncology diseases, now seek to hire Principal Scientists and Senior Scientists their rapidly expanding team.
These roles will support the company’s development strategy in optimising NK cell therapy through the drug development framework for their NK cell & gene therapy programs:
- CAR Optimisation & Selection,
- Gene Editing & Cell Engineering,
- In-Vitro & In-Vivo characterization and finally
- In-Vivo characterization
These hires will have experience with novel cellular technologies; and will assist and provide leadership in company efforts to in the area of process development of engineered NK cell products, both from a research perspective as well as product development. At Principal Scientist level the individual will lead these efforts.
Person fit; high level qualifications and relevant cell therapy experience with ability to be flexible, innovative and highly organized to work quickly and efficiently in a growing biotech start-up environment is required.
Responsibilities for these roles:
- Contribute to the establishment of laboratory capability and laboratory systems.
- Provides input into developing research work plan and associated experiments.
- Input into identifying technical and quality requirements required to complete work plan.
- Other duties as required, in line with a start-up biotechnology environment, maximum flexibility is essential.
- Develop, execute, and document strategies for isolating and modifying NK cells from primary sources.
- Lead and/or support process development of NK cell therapy production processes.
- Evaluate raw materials and culture systems for use in NK cell therapy manufacturing processes
- Lead and/or support process optimization efforts to increase process robustness, reduce costs and improve yield, including evaluation and implementation of new technologies for specific manufacturing processes, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the Manufacturing team to identify potential process improvements and design appropriate experiments to evaluate and implement those changes
- Design and execute experiments independently; accurately record, analyze and communicate data to senior staff and team members
- Present results in team meetings and deliver presentations to both small and large groups
- Senior member of the scientific team responsible for managing a team of scientists.
- Effectively communicate scientific results to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Experience with guiding junior level research associates
- Contribute to building out team, establishment of laboratory capability and lab systems.
- Project Management/Planning (Principal Scientist)
- Lead discrete project work streams within own discipline
- Input into developing research work plan and associated experiments.
- Management of study planning to deliver on milestones.
- Responsible for identifying technical and quality requirements required to complete work plan.
- Planning conduct and reporting of experiments.
- MSc or PhD in immunology and lymphocyte biology with post-doc experience.
- Alternatively, Bachelor’s Degree with at least 2 years of experience, preferably in an industry environment in either: cancer cellular therapy, cancer immunology, immunology, or related field.
- Prior experience with cellular therapies is important. Experience with developing lymphocyte-based cell therapies, especially in an industry setting would be preferred. Experience of working with NK cells is desirable.
- Capability to work with nucleic acid constructs and modification of effector lymphocytes.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter