Our client, a blue-chip global company focused on life-saving technology and services in Life Sciences industry, now seek an experienced Chromatography Systems Specialist for their Sales role. As a Chromatography Systems expert you will be the company’s chromatography point of contact with current and prospective clients, initiating communication, delivering presentations, providing demonstrations, and managing the sales process.
Key remit: the successful candidate will focus on advanced chromatography application support: helping to develop both optimal upstream and downstream solutions; providing consultation on best solutions based on manufacturing goals; and hardware and software regulations and qualifications.
Technical responsibilities will include running instrument demonstrations, customer training and application support. This state-of-the-art chromatography technology will be fundamental for biological research in developing innovative vaccines, biologic drugs, and novel cell and gene therapies.
Additionally, this hire will create new business opportunities in working with chromatography ÄKTA customers to drive new sales through instrument replacement, adding capacity and competitor displacement.
This role requires a candidate who has proven Protein Purification expertise, in using lab scale AKTA chromatography instruments. This hire will undergo advanced training and development, increasing their knowledge to specialist level, who can then assist customer base with: automating protein purification, troubleshooting purification challenges in research applications and development of scalable protein purification methods and processes.
Requirements for Chromatography Technical Specialist:
- Honours BSc in Life Science. Plus, Masters and/or PhD qualification in Life Sciences is preferred.
- Detailed knowledge of proteins and chromatography gained from working in Life Science research, or equivalent commercial experience.
- Hands-on experience with ÄKTA chromatography systems and Unicorn software. Additional training will be provided.
- Experience of the bioprocess industry is desirable, but not essential.
- Customer-centric attitude, able to balance the needs of the customer
- Ability to comprehend company technology and relate this information to others in an understandable way.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and presentations skills.
- Commercial experience is desirable, however not essential.
- Ability to travel nationally is essential, as the role is customer-facing with 70-80% time in the field.
- Some international travel is required for training purposes and conferences.
For further details, please contact Larry on +353 (0) 1-2302400 / email@example.com
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter