Our client, a Biopharma company with strong development pipeline and multiple blockbuster products, now seeks an experienced Category Manager to work with their Clinical Development Operations team on outsourcing activities who will be based in Dublin. There is flexibility for this hire to work from home office some days per week, when not in Dublin office.
The successful hire will provide category management, sourcing and contracting expertise in clinical outsourcing of global Phase 1 and 4 clinical trials. The Manager will lead the entire life cycle including vendor selection, RFI, RFP, vendor selection decision, contracting, monitoring performance, change orders and ensuring proper closeout of clinical agreements to maximize contract value and achieve target savings.
The position will have the opportunity to work in a matrix environment and regularly collaborate with Senior Management and cross functional teams.
Responsibilities for Clinical Outsourcing, Business Contracts Manager:
- Manages contract and sourcing activities for Early and Late Phase clinical development programs providing consistent customer service and delivering quantitative value through cost savings and transformation/innovation.
- Ensure the vendor selection process is compliant by managing risks through benchmarking, rate negotiations, implementing the sourcing strategy, collaborating with cross functional teams such as Compliance, Legal and Regulatory
- Collaborates with internal customers in vendor bidding and proposal development (RFP creation and analysis).
- Is an SME in resolving complex issues relating to contract negotiation and management.
- Oversees the identification, selection and management of global external service providers.
- Leads Vendor bid defense meetings.
- Manages the contract negotiation process for complex or high value contracts.
- Ability to understand an analyze from multiple complex sources such as financial and operational perspectives
- Influence vendor selection with stakeholders at the project team level
- Identifies, develops, and deploys best practices in vendor selection, cost containment, and category management practices
- Leverages prior experience with external benchmarking, industry best practices, and technology for continuous improvement
- Engage with clinical operations Phase 1 and 4 leadership to drive sourcing strategy, compliance, and continued partnership
- Exhibits competency in regularly establishing relationships with internal and external cross functional teams, such as clinical operations, legal, finance, compliance
- Delivers value by developing business solutions by translating requirements into effective sourcing solutions, contractual terms and process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to make critical decisions related to clinical vendor agreement negotiations and escalations
- Pulls data across functions according to business requirements and recommends global development vendors to senior leadership for endorsement for a project
- Asks probing questions to uncover business needs and recommends solutions (e.g., negotiating timelines while maintaining standards)
- Resolves vendor project management issues (e.g., operational challenges including scoping issues) by identifying and addressing deviations from established protocols
Requirements for Category Manager:
- BSc, BA or MSc in a relevant discipline. MBA highly desirable.
- PMP/CPSM or equivalent.
- Relevant experience typically includes contract negotiation, category management and/or clinical outsourcing or procurement.
- Experience in pharma industry with phase 1 and phase 4 healthcare.
- Experience in providing thought leadership and consistent customer service.
- Expertise in the end-to-end sourcing and contracting process, including RFx, contract negotiation and management.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of the clinical research process and the regulatory environment across functions.
- Demonstrated leadership skills while working in fast paced and changing environment.
- Travel may be required.
Please phone Larry on +353 (0)1-2302400 /
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter