Our client, a cutting-edge science driven Biotech company with strong development pipeline and multiple blockbuster products, now seeks a Director to join the Global Analytics Reporting and Forecasting team, supporting the leadership team in providing business partnership, insight and decision support for the ACE region (Australia, Canada and Europe).
This role will be based in London with flexible working.
Main purpose for this role:
This exciting role is responsible for supporting the regional leadership team with reporting and forecasting processes plus insight and decision support across all therapy areas, as well as partnering and collaborating with A&I leads in core markets in the region.
Process improvement is another key aspect of the role, and when planning improvements to our forecasting tools and processes across the region, the role will be empowered to conduct a review of global forecasting tools and processes to look for opportunities to harmonize and make processes more effective.
The desired candidate would have previous experience of forecasting, analytics and insight in the pharma/biotech industry, preferably with both affiliate and above-country experience.
- Co-ordination and consolidation of regional reporting and forecasting processes
- Business partnership, analysis and decision support to regional leadership
- Partnering and collaborating with A&I leads in core markets across the region
- Managing forecasting platform and processes used by affiliates across the region
- Process improvement including review of global forecasting tools and processes
- Good experience and understanding of BI/analytics, market research and forecasting for pharmaceuticals in secondary care setting (hospital/specialist) & key data sources eg IQVIA
- Highly numerate with strong Excel skills and able to convey data through charts / Powerpoint
- Experience of other relevant tools beneficial e.g. forecasting tools such as i2e or IQVIA Horizon, analytics tools such as Tableau or MicroStrategy, or advanced analytics techniques
- Project management, co-ordination, cross-functional leadership & stakeholder management
- Ability to work in partnership with other team members and senior leadership, other functions and affiliates, sometimes in an influencing/leading role, sometimes in a supporting role
- Ability to engage, manage and work in partnership with multiple stakeholders, senior leaders, other team members, functions & affiliates, sometimes in an influencing/leading role, sometime in a supporting role.
- Commercial perspective and interpersonal skills required to understand the big picture and political sensitivities, and contribute to tactical discussions
- Resilience under pressure, proactivity/tenacity/positivity, and a drive for excellence
- Bachelor’s or advance Degree in Science, Engineering, Business, Supply Chain, or Management is preferred. Plus exceptional analytics capability.
- Advanced MS Excel skills and strong skills using other MS software (Word & PowerPoint, etc.) required.
- Experience in BI software (eg Tableau) or advanced analytics advantageous.
- Relevant experience across all areas of sales/marketing analytics & insights (analysis, market research and forecasting), preferably in pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
- In-depth knowledge of Sales and Marketing organizations and pharmaceutical data sources.
- Experience in quantitative & qualitative primary & secondary market research advantageous.
- Experience in both forecasting and scenario modelling is desirable.
- Highly numerate with proven data analysis and interpretation skills, and ability to meaningfully portray quantitative data in graphical form.
- Ability to assume full responsibility for accuracy and reliability of complex analyses.
- Excellent attention to detail coupled with an ability to understand the 'big picture'.
- Strong interpersonal abilities, able to influence broad range of internal stakeholders.
- Effective communication skills, with proven ability to communicate technical information to technical and non-technical members of senior management.
- Track record for excellent project management skills such as planning, prioritization, objective setting, meeting management and plan execution is required.
- Self-starter, able to learn quickly and multi-task to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment of changing priorities.
- High level of resourcefulness and problem-solving skills under pressure are critical.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter