Our client is a highly successful, and ambitious global biopharmaceutical company with a strong commercial portfolio and drug pipeline. With a passion for best practice in every aspect of its business, this well managed high performing company has a motivated workforce who are passionate about operational excellence. This is truly an exceptional opportunity for a bright capable leader.
The newly appointed Director of Environmental Health Safety and Security will be site based, responsible for the leadership and management of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) strategies and systems in support of overall site objectives. The role will be part of the Global EHSS Leadership team.
- Provide strategic leadership to the site regarding all aspects of Environmental, Health, Safety and Security (EHSS) risk management.
- Oversee the implementation and evolution of the EHSS strategy; establish long term plans; collaborate with key stakeholders to integrate site goals, annual objectives and programmes of work.
- Positively influence and collaborate with colleagues to enhance a self-sustaining EHSS culture; sponsor and actively drive the evolution of the company’s proprietary behavioural risk programme.
- Proactively steer site-wide efforts regarding environmental stewardship and sustainability.
- Coordinate the site EHSS team and wider site efforts to ensure compliance across the full range of EHSS aspects including but not limited to: EPA licences; relevant health and safety regulations; facility security requirements; process safety; chemical and biological safety (including Industrial Hygiene monitoring); occupational health.
- Ensure the EHSS team has the correct skills and competencies to manage the risk profile of the site; implement continued professional development plans; facilitate career progression potential.
- Ensure that EHSS procedures, programmes and practises are integrated into business operations; measure the efficacy of results; communicate lessons learned from investigations and other sources of information e.g. gap analyses, risk assessments.
- Implement effective but lean EHSS risk management methodologies for site operations and R&D, including capital projects and new product introductions at all scales.
- Instil a lifecycle-based gatekeeping approach for change management to ensure efficacy of identified risk controls.
- Oversee the site’s emergency and crisis management plans and teams; ensure related plans are optimised, tested and effective; take a key role in development of site’s business continuity plans.
- Actively support the deployment of Operational Excellence and Lean Six Sigma methodologies; develop relevant leading and lagging KPI’s to inform opportunities for continual improvement.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts; ensure financial discipline; drive efficiencies and identify/ implement opportunities for cost reduction.
- Ensure documentation is prepared and updated in line with all regulatory guidelines and promote compliance to EHSS and cGMP regulatory requirements.
- In all areas of activity seek to evaluate, implement and demonstrate best industry practice.
- Participate on the Global EHSS Leadership Team:
Support the development/ implementation of EHSS risk management objectives and programmes that enhance enterprise EHSS risk resilience.
Support the development of Corporate EHSS policies/ procedures to enable consistency across the enterprise.
Develop the Subject Matter Expert (SME) network and coordinate Athlone SME input to Corporate EHSS initiatives/ cross site support as required by the business.
Support the Corporate EHSS third party risk management programme (as required).
Share best practices and learnings across the enterprise.
- Strong people management and influencing/ negotiations experience.
- Strong project management abilities
- Clear concise logical thought processes.
- Capable of interaction at all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to manage and execute several activities and projects at once.
- High level of numeracy
- Logical and problem-solving skills.
- Calm, self-confident, good with people.
- Takes initiative to introduce new ideas and implement them.
- Responsive to change and championing it.
TEAMWORK AND COLLABORATION
EXTERNAL FOCUS: PATIENTS, SHAREHOLDERS