The Global Commercial / Market Access Director for this newly created role will take responsibility for leading pricing, reimbursement, market access, and policy activities across the US and Europe with direct responsibility for strategy development and execution across different payer and distribution channels.
- In close collaboration with other functions develop and drive early global commercial activities, including pricing, reimbursement, market access, and policy activities across both the US and EU marketplaces.
- Ensure development of deep country level understanding of payer needs, decision making approaches, strategies, the market, prescriber and patient environments.
- Inform early commercialisation planning. Agree broader market acce goals. Participating in early pricing strategy and other early commercial strategies for overall launch success.
- Develop differentiated pricing and access strategy, value propositions versus key players to inform Target Claims.
- Help define a policy agenda for the organisation, making clear links between policy, business, and patient access outcomes.
- Establish strong personal relationships with select payers, key opinion leaders, advisors, and other stakeholders.
- Lead and own the development of the health economic and outcomes analyses (CEA, BIA, burden of disease, etc.) required for access, selecting and coordinating the activity of external vendors.
- Give input to study plans and endpoints.
- Give input to additional data and evidence needs.
- Understand the key future products that lead asset will be compared to and/or compete with.
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Access, health economics or an allied field OR PhD/Pharm D, MBA with proven track record of early global commercialisation planning from smaller pharma/biotech.
- Experience of neuroscience/psychotropics is a plus.
- Successful experience working in Market Access within the global pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong understanding of Health-care systems and Payer structures.
- You excel in a young, fast-paced, results-driven, highly accountable environment.
- You combine strategic thinking with the ability to execute, both individually and by leading teams, to achieve operational excellence in the face of challenging goals.
- Depth of experience within Product positioning optimisation, market research, value proposition development, and evidence strategy
- Experience of working with payer/HTA/managed care advisers
- Designing clinical, humanistic and economic evidence and evaluation to demonstrate product value.
- Highly effective negotiation, presentation and communication skills.
- Good organisational and time keeping skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously under direction and prioritise workload.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude, with strong influencing and communications skills.
- Flexible, able to adjust, embrace and drive change.
- An entrepreneurial, business-oriented mindset and a strong fit with the team and willing to “roll their sleeves up”.
- Resilient, energetic, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to work across cultures, languages, and geographies.