IT Infrastructure Support Engineer
Our client is an IT Support Services company primarily focused on servicing medium-sized businesses across a wide variety of industries in the Dublin area. We provide solutions which range from on-premises to hybrid to full cloud solutions, depending on the customer requirements.
We are currently looking to employ a Level 2 Support Engineer to grow our team to service our growing client list.
Operating in a busy environment, the role consists of providing infrastructure support services to a wide variety of clients, both via remote and onsite service. The role will also involve assisting L1 and L3 engineers with support tickets where necessary.
At present we operate a hybrid working model, which means that the role consists of office-based, field-based, and home-based working.
- Support client IT Systems using remote and onsite support.
- Onsite installations of IT Systems where required at customer sites.
- Rapidly respond to, troubleshoot, and resolve any client issues/outages/application problems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT Infrastructure issues, including
- PCs o Printers o Servers
- Broadband connectivity
- LAN connectivity
- Security (virus/malware/ransomware/phishing, etc.)
- Cloud Services
- Record calls on in-house system to provide an information database concerning customers/calls/queries.
- Ownership of assigned tasks and resolution of customer problems within SLA.
- Record in a timely manner all time spent on support tickets.
- Escalate calls where necessary to Level 3 Support.
- Conform to all relevant laws and licenses applicable.
- Notify management of fault trends and issues and advise of solutions to fit the organisation to ensure that technical problems are eliminated.
- Document procedures and write reports where necessary.
We are looking for someone with an all-round grasp of IT solutions for the SME sector, and more specifically experience of configuring, troubleshooting, and supporting all or most of the items listed below:
- Networking (WLANs, VLANs, DNS, DHCP)
- IT Security
- Windows Client and Server Operating Systems
- Office365 (administration & migration)
- SonicWall Firewalls
- Sophos antivirus/antimalware solutions
- SQL Server
- Microsoft Azure IaaS
- Microsoft MCSA
- ITIL Foundation (or higher)
- CompTIA A+/Server+/Network+/Security+
- SonicWall/Sophos certification
- Other industry relevant qualifications
- A self-starter – ability to work on one’s own initiative and demonstrate diligent working methods.
- The ability to project manage their own work.
- Be a team player with excellent customer focus.
- Excellent communications ability (both verbal and written), including reporting/escalation skills.
- Research and analytical skills/problem solving ability.
- 4 – 6 years industry experience in a similar environment and across a wide variety of industries
- Own car and full clean driving licence.