My client a leading established Manufacturing company now require a Logistics Traffic Specialist to join their rapidly expanding team.
The Logistics Traffic Specialist will plan, schedules, and routes inbound and outbound domestic and international shipments of freight. Coordinate with carriers, audits freight bills, prepare and negotiate claims, and selects or recommends carriers to ensure efficient, timely, and least expensive movements of goods and material.
This is a permanent position based in Galway.
Responsibilities of Logistics Traffic Specialist
- Manages day to day inbound, outbound logistics and material storage for the site (e.g. raw materials movement, transport to/from Sterilisation and outbound US and OUS finished goods traffic)
- Expedites difficult shipping situations (e.g. dangerous goods, new product introductions, customs clearance, etc.) to ensure timely delivery. Works with carriers, freight forwarders, and agencies to identify and resolve shipping issues.
- Works closely with Planning and Production to prioritise and track outbound freight to meet customer service objectives and to optimise supply of materials from offsite storage.
- Collaborates with the Purchasing team on the inbound shipments to ensure timely and safe delivery at optimal cost.
- Provides training and direction as needed to the MIO team in the preparation of exports and imports, freight claims, freight bill payment and carrier pick up.
- Manages bill payment for all freight and storage vendors.
- Monitors carriers' on-time performance and quality of shipments. Works with carriers to improve performance when the agreed upon timeliness and/or quality drops below established service goals.
- Assists in negotiating, administering and reviewing service agreements with carriers, customs brokers and transportation suppliers with management input.
- Conducts analysis of alternate methods of transportation and programs, along with projected cost and service improvements.
- Assists in developing long-term logistics strategies for the site. Responsible for analyzing current logistical capabilities and recommending future logistical strategies based on future needs.
- Provides traffic advice and assistance, and consults with BSC locations to ensure efficiency of time and costs (i.e., recommending and selecting carriers, exporting and importing).
- Supports the site Air Cargo Security manager in maintaining compliance to Air Cargo security regulatory requirements.
- Helps with reviewing and writing freight vendor contracts for legal review and approval to establish a list of well-suited freight vendors.
- Audits freight vendor by conducting periodic reviews of vendors' service in order to ensure quality service and to resolve any problems (e.g., hub visit, delivery, packaging).
- Performs analysis, identifies root cause, and recommends corrective action utilizing transportation carrier and related information.
- Collects data and analyzes it to identify efficiencies and inefficiencies to develop cost-reduction plans.
Requirements for Logistics Traffic Specialist
- Minimum of 1 year relevant industry experience.
- NFQ Level 8 qualification (240 ECTS points) in a relevant field.
- Must have good communication skills and good attention to detail.
- The ability to work on your own initiative is a must.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialize exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors
For more information please contact John at The RFT Group / www.rftgroup.ie / 01 2302400 or click apply below