This brief demands flexibility and cross-functional liaison and co-operation, combined with competent technical ability. In addition, the Engineering Technician is required to assist in the safe and efficient operation of maintenance systems in compliance with regulatory, cGMP and to HPRA and FDA standards.
- Work with flexibility within the Engineering Department and in co-operation with other Departments.
- Promote lean maintenance best practices at all times within a continuous improvement environment.
- Assist in developing and improving new and existing maintenance routines within a cGMP environment.
- Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on packaging, production and utilities equipment.
- Proactively follow up on re-occurring technical issues.
- Use of the computerised maintenance management system to record in detail maintenance activities on equipment/utilities in compliance with regulatory & cGMP requirements.
- Execution of work orders as scheduled through the computerised maintenance management system SAP.
- Completion of non-trade specific work as required.
- Daily reporting of maintenance activities at shift meetings, ensuring issues and open items / concerns are communicated in a timely and concise manner.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental training programmes and initiatives. Adhere to safe working practices as set out by the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Maintaining compliance with site procedures and policies.
- Participate fully in any cross-functional training initiatives and mentor operations personnel at all times.
- Available to respond to ‘call out’ as per a pre-defined rota if required.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all the departments’ customers on site.
- Participate fully in any cross functional training initiatives.
- Drive and promote the corporate values within the workplace.
- Actively foster, in cooperation with other staff, an ethos and culture of safety awareness where safety is accepted as an integral part of the overall business. Ensure that Accident Reports / Near Miss Forms are completed in a timely manner after an event.
- Ensure timely completion of all SOP, reading, training and assessment.
- Other duties as required and directed by the Manager, Maintenance or other Officer appointed by the Board of Directors.
A suitable qualification in an electrical, instrumentation or mechanical engineering discipline.
Minimum of an electrical or mechanical apprenticeship with a minimum of 2 years experience and or an electrical or mechanical engineering degree.
- A minimum of 2-3 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry post qualification is essential.
- Experience in the area of Packaging is advantageous
- Proven track record of high performance & delivering results.
- The determination and drive to sustain current best practices and the ability to identify develop and implement future best practices
- Interest in continuous improvement.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Customer service and task focused.
- Good computer skills and CMMS experience (Word, Excel, CMMS software)