Our client is a very successful ambitious global manufacturer of innovative pharmaceuticals.
With a strong commercial portfolio and drug pipeline, and a well-managed high performing,
highly motivated workforce, driven by the highest operational excellence standards, this is an excellent
opportunity for a bright capable supply chain manager.
The Manager, Commercial Supply Chain will ensure that all business processes and systems within
the control of the CSC function,are operated in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, cGMP, Sox
and company policies and standards.
Network Supply Planning: develops and maintains the end-to-end Network Supply Plan for assigned products and assures timely delivery of materials including Raw Materials, Excipients, API, Drug Product, Packaging Components and Finished Goods in accordance with Commercial requirements.
- S&OP: prepares data-driven analysis and presents materials, insights and recommendations during the monthly S&OP Supply Planning process, including the Monthly Supply Review meeting, that facilitate decisions and alignment to the Network Supply Plan for assigned products. This includes demand variance impact analysis, inventory strategy and plans, sourcing strategies and plans, logistics and business continuity.
- Scenario Planning: prepares strategic ‘what-if’ product scenario analysis to proactively identify risks and opportunities – confirms manufacturing and supply plans are aligned to commercial demand and other consumption requirements.
- Systems: supports implementation of SAP planning functionally for current and future commercial products, working closely with Quality, Finance and Business Process Excellence functions to ensure transaction controls and compliance are met
- Long Range Planning: prepare data and materials for Long Range Plan, including input into inventory and sourcing strategies, supply planning for the 5-year horizon.
- Performance Management: develops and reports supply chain KPI’s for the products assigned. Supports achievement of operational key performance targets.
Inventory Management: supports inventory strategy development and leads inventory processes for the assigned products to ensure material and product availability to meet demand and mitigate risks.
- Maintains inventory levels across end-to-end supply chain levels in line with inventory strategy and in support of company financial goals.
- Maintains the appropriate inventory levels and planning parameters in the ERP system (SAP).
- Manages aging inventory, excess and obsolete inventory. Proactively identifies inventory issues and implements solutions after consultation with the relevant business leaders. Responsible for ensuring that recommendations for financial provisions are communicated in a timely manner.
Purchasing: completes purchasing functions for Commercial Supply Chain for all materials and material suppliers’ ancillary services sourced by External Operations
- Completes Purchasing and Order Management in SAP ERP system
- Maintains compliance with purchasing policies and procedures
- Develop buyer capabilities for Commercial Supply Chain
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM): act as supply chain lead contact for assigned materials/service Suppliers within the relevant SRM Teams (API, DP, Packaging).
- Act as accountable Commercial Supply Chain representative on assigned SRM Teams (API, DP, Packaging)
- Act as accountable Commercial Supply Chain representative on assigned supplier-facing Joint Operations Teams (JOTs)
- Responsible for monitoring and compliance to supply chain terms in supplier contracts, in support of the accountable contract monitor (e.g. SRM role)
- Act as functional representative in the Supplier Governance model, including development of, and participation in, Business Review Meetings as required
- Support development of the SRM program in line with Company Policy and External Operations goals
- Performance Management: develops and reports supply chain KPI’s for the products and suppliers assigned. internal and external Supply Network. Supporting achieving operational key performance targets.
- Business Process Excellence: act as a champion to develop, document and improve the effectiveness of Commercial Supply Chain business processes, in line with the required standards.
- Represent Company across the network in a manner consistent with our Purpose and Values and the External Operations Vision of ‘Excellence through Partnerships’.
- Engage with the External Operations Network Risk Management process and maintain Risk Assessment and Risk Management tools and processes to evaluate Supplier and Supply Chain risk profiles. Establish remediation strategies/plans to reduce risk and improve supply chain robustness
- Develop strong internal collaborations with stakeholders in External Operations, Operations and beyond to ensure alignment and delivery of mutual goals.
- Enhance and contribute to the development of the External Operations business unit and capabilities at Company in line with company strategy
- Bachelors degree in a related field and 10+ years work experience, or a Masters in a Supply Chain or Business related field and 7+ years work experience. APICS or equivalent certification preferred
- Knowledge of and experience of working in a GMP environment required.
- Experience and demonstrated success in leading cross-functional or multi-disciplinary matrix teams an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal skills, business acumen and knowledge of core aspects of operations management and supply chain management in the pharma sector are required to establish and maintain credibility with internal functions and stakeholders and representatives of external suppliers at all appropriate levels including senior management.
- Experience of collaboration, influencing, negotiating and achieving results across grades, functions, business units, companies and geographies in a matrixed environment an advantage.
- Ability to work independently and manage ambiguity, strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong Project & Change Management experience required.
- Strong understanding of budgeting and spend management.
- Travel - domestic and international – expected to be in the region of 10%.
- Technical Expertise
- Proven track record as a technical subject matter expert at a departmental level
- Expands breadth of knowledge outside current expertise
- Ability to influence based on industry best practice and technical expertise
- Leads and represents function on site projects
- Takes accountability for all project aspects from inception through successful delivery
- Defines clear objectives even with complex and ambiguous circumstances
- Continuous Improvement
- Challenges current methods, processes and practices by offering innovative ideas to support site objectives
- Remains current with new technologies and best practices to influence departmental direction and strategy
- Coaches others through complex investigations/projects utilizing root cause methodologies & tools
- Business Acumen
- Implements and drives change seamlessly
- Leverage internal capability and external networks to drive and implement best practices
- Decision Making
- Acts as knowledge resource and consultant across the site for complex projects/tasks/processes
- Makes increasingly complex decisions, takes informed risks, evaluates the impact and communicates effectively
- Owns outcomes
- Productivity/ Planning
- Prioritizes appropriately and identifies clear objectives for projects and teams
- Engages available functional a cross-functional resources effectively
- Influences others to align cross-functional team members
- Adopts a mentoring role within the team to encourage high performance
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism and resilience during challenging situations
- Prepares and delivers clear and effective presentations in team settings and with management
- Communicates effectively by tailoring messages appropriately for internal and external audiences at appropriate level
- Demonstrates respect for others and diplomacy when delivering feedback and challenging information