Manager, European Operations
Our client is a global leader in medical diagnostics
The newly created role of Manager European Operations, manages and coordinates overall production operations and production facility. Responsibilities include supply chain management, compliance, financial operations, and health and safety, and facility and equipment. This is a hands-on role responsible for tactical execution.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Responsible for the Production Department, which includes planning for products and processes; plans, forecasts, and scheduling production and shipping activities
· Develops and manages budget for Production Department, Facility and Equipment
· Establishes key indicators for evaluating performance and reports progress to upper management
· Enforces good manufacturing practices (GMP) compliance with and adherence to Quality Management System (QMS) and QSR – ISO 13485 standard requirements; serves as point person for internal and external audits for the dept.
· Manages and implements quality-control programs and policies; provides related documentation
· Provides leadership, hires, trains, and evaluates manufacturing, operations, finance,
· Collaborates with research and product development teams to help assess feasibility, impact on processes and quality prior to production; supports new product design transfer and introduction to manufacturing ensuring smooth transition of new product introduction and product changes
· Works closely with financial function for the Dublin site
· Responsible for procurement efforts including planning, forecasting, supplier selection, relations and evaluation to ensure stable supply chain, inventory levels, and final product distribution
· Purchases raw materials and supplies, manages and maintains appropriate preproduction inventory levels.
· Manages finished product inventories; provides for the shipping of final product distribution.
· Develops, manages and revises forecasting models to ensure timely delivery of products and equipment.
· Manages production facility including proper equipment, equipment maintenance and service including calibration and related contracts.
· Maintains compliance with all regulatory requirements and ethical standards related to procurement; leads and coaches others in maintaining excellence on GMP, quality control, and safety.
· Provides commercial analysis of margins and costs to support pricing decisions for contracts and products; accurately costs new products and provides necessary support on new business opportunities, including high-level business modelling and forecasting.
· Develops and administers effective occupational health, safety, ergonomics and industrial hygiene programs, including review, revision and maintenance of related policy and procedures
· Educates, motivates and trains line supervision and production staff in good housekeeping practices, safe work procedures, PPE, etc.
· Provides operational oversight by analyzing processes and developing key performance indicators; assists in establishing systems of individual accountability and performance review.
· Works with senior management on implementing infrastructure changes to continually improve operations.
· B.S. or M.S. in molecular biology, biology, biochemistry, or other life science.
· 8+ years of proven proactive management experience at a medical device or in-vitro diagnostics manufacturer.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Ability to balance and prioritize multiple ongoing projects and tasks.
· Ability to work independently with minimal guidance.
· Ability to lead and inspire teams to reach goals and objectives
· Must be willing to be hands-on, contributing to and executing operations efforts
· Critical thinking, to manage challenges and decision making.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, written and oral to executive management, peers and stakeholders
· Project Management experience to balance priorities and challenges, and budget management
· Proficient with Microsoft products, incl. Word, Excel, Visio and Project
CV to John.Phillips@rftgroup.ie
John Phillips, Recruitment for Technology Ltd.
Maple House, South County Business Park, Leopardstown, Dublin D18 F863