We are currently looking for an energetic experienced Metrologist for our client, a leading global provider of optimized manufacturing solutions for high-precision plastics products, operating across multiple industries.
To fulfil and complete the quality control functions of the Production Department in relation to all day-to-day factory floor activities and issues with customers/suppliers.
• Procurement, validation, set-up and maintaining metrology and measurement systems/equipment.
• Review and investigate customer complaints, non-conformance(NCI), CAPA & ensuring effectiveness of actions taken thereafter
• Identify opportunities for improvement within the metrology lab procedures and practices in association with internal groups/stakeholders
• Generation of SOP & WI for lab personnel, on-site training in lab documentation, cGMP, GDP & effectives assessments
• Environmental control ISO 14644
• Develop control plans, inspection standards and reports, capability analysis and MSA/GR&R
• Manage and document the storage, archiving and destruction of quality samples
• Design of sampling plans as per ISO 2859-1 and ISO 3951-1
• Manage and track on and off-site calibrations.
• Management of lab team; Prioritising lab duties to minimise risk and meet deadlines in a high volume fast paced environment
• Generation of measurement strategies with uncertainty budgets
• Change Control management- Introduction of new metrology fixtures and lab processes through change control, liase with other departments to close out Change controls in a timely and effectively manner
• Document change request(DCR) to introduce new work instruction(WI) and SOP
• The above list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to carry out other duties which may reasonably be assigned by management
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have previous experience working in a GMP compliant environment
• Relevant academic qualifications are desirable
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Have strong information management and analytical skills
• Training/certification in dimensional measurement preferred
• Proficient knowledge of ISO/ASME GD&T requirements, interpreting 2D engineering drawings and 3D models for various levels of medical device components
• Be a team player and capable of working independently and on own initiative
• Have the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Be proficient in MS Office and standard laboratory information management systems
• Have previous experience working in a quality control/assurance role and/or in a laboratory setting.
• Working knowledge of ISO 9001:2000 / ISO 13485
• The Metrology Engineer will have evidenced capability of motivating, leading and working effectively with others to achieve challenging objectives. He/She will be a self-starter, results oriented with a strong work ethic and the ability to work under pressure
• By adopting a logical and methodical approach to work practices and processes, the Metrology Engineer must have demonstrable experience in driving continuous improvement and production efficiency whilst maintaining quality and health and safety standards. He/She will be an effective decision-maker, with the resilience and ability to independently address and resolve issues as they arise.
CV 's to John Phillips at firstname.lastname@example.org / 00 353 1230244/ www.rftgroup.ie