Moulding Process Engineer
|Contact Name:||John Philips|
The RFT Group,
Biopharma & Medtech Recruitment
South County Business Park,
Moulding Process Engineer
Our client is expanding!! We are looking for an energetic experienced Moulding Process Engineer for our client, a leading global provider of optimized manufacturing solutions for high-precision plastics products, operating across multiple industries.
To assist the Engineering and Production teams to continuously improve the manufacture of product by designing, operating and implementing optimal moulding, tooling and automation processes that maintain efficiency, reduce cost, improve sustainability and maximise profitability. The Moulding Process Engineer provides technical expertise to ensure that current and future projects run in accordance with company and customer standards and specifications.
• Responsible for the successful execution of Moulding Process Engineering projects designed to deliver robust and optimized manufacturing processes, as well as the provision of day-to-day technical support and expertise to the Production teams.
• Conduct product investigations; equipment and process related troubleshooting, and root cause analysis, implementing appropriate corrective and preventative actions where necessary.
• Assist the timely introduction of new products and/or processing technologies from development stage through to routine full-scale manufacture, ensuring a cost effective, compliant and robust process is achieved.
• Assist the introduction and validation of new tooling & equipment to include the completion of validations and documentation where required.
• Support the introduction and transfer of new moulds into production.
• Liaise with external toolmakers and equipment suppliers in relation to critical technical specifications.
• Support all departments, particularly Quality and Tooling, in relation to Engineering changes.
• Provide technical support and expertise as required to achieve process optimisation and/or new product introduction.
• Make process decisions based on risk and the interpretation of data sets ensuring consultation and communication with stakeholders.
• Apply a project management approach to successfully deliver projects and process improvements on time and in budget, while appropriately managing risk.
• Demonstrate a high level of accountability and ownership for both personal and team performance.
• Train, coach and mentor colleagues (e.g. Technicians, Supervisors, etc.) on new technologies and/or manufacturing processes.
• Ensure highest Quality & Compliance standards, participating and complying with the Quality Management System.
• Identify and generate opportunities for improvement and actively participate in the implementation of corrective action plans and continuous improvement initiatives.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures, including quality requirements, financial controls, health and safety regulations, etc.
• The above list of duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, and the role holder may be required to carry out other duties which may reasonably be assigned by management.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL:
• Have a minimum of a third level qualification in a relevant field (e.g., Engineering, Manufacturing Systems, Polymer Processing, or similar).
• Have extensive and directly relevant experience as a seasoned Moulding Process Engineer in high-volume injection moulding manufacturing, including demonstrable process validation and project management experience.
• Have experience in validation activities from design & FAT right through to PQ.
• Be proficient in the use of Lean Manufacturing principles (SMED, Six Sigma, etc.).
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully manage stakeholder relationships.
• Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Have comprehensive knowledge of QMS principles (preferably ISO 13485)
• Have strong information management, analytical and numerical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
• Be a team player and capable of working independently and on own initiative.
• Be well-organised, highly self-motivated and capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced, pressurised environment.
• Experience using MS Project to track & deliver moulding/tooling/automation projects would be a distinct advantage.
• Be flexible to travel on company business.
For further information on this position please contact John Phillips at The RFT Group on 01 2302400 / email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our Recruitment website: www.rftgroup.ie Follow us on Linked-in.