An opportunity has arisen with my client a large multinational for the position of Production Manager.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the successful candidate will have experience of Oral Solid/ Liquid Dosage manufacturing, filling and packaging technology including processes such as blending, granulation, encapsulation, compression and coating, sachet, blister and liquids filling, cartoning.
Responsibilities of the Production Manager
- Manage the planning & execution of the production schedule according to customer demands
- Maintain performance management across the shift system to ensure consistency in approach and aid communication within the department.
- Lead and promote a culture of Safety, Excellence, Continuous Improvement and drive lean manufacturing initiatives
- Conduct business in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, company policies and with high ethical standards
- Technical knowledge in the manufactured products
- Lead production aspect of product quality investigations in conjunction with Quality assurance including the assignment and management of corrective and preventative actions
- Meet all product quality requirements in accordance with cGMP?s
- Act as lead in quality audits and ensure timely closure of action items from audits
- Ensure housekeeping in the production area is maintained to a high standard
- Insure written procedures and instructions are applied and ensure that SOP?s are in place for all activities/unit operations
Requirements of the Production Manager:
- 5- 10 years Production experience in cGMP Pharma environment.
- A minimum of 5 years in a leadership role.
- 3rd Level Qualification in a Science/Chemical Engineering or related discipline.
- A motivated, flexible and committed individual.
- An experienced people manager with strong leadership skills.
- Have excellent organisational skills and ability to meet tight timelines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Previous experience of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), SAP and OEE systems desirable but not essential.
- Previous experience of Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) or other Operational Excellence manufacturing improvement systems is desirable.
- Ability to successfully integrate cross functionally across other departments.
- Previous experience working in World Class, Lean 6 Sigma or similar Continuous Improvement (CI) environments would be advantageous.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
For more information please contact John at The RFT Group / www.rftgroup.ie / 01 email@example.com