This is an exciting, advanced position requiring significant responsibility, expertise and specialisation in area for day-to-day implementation of Quality Systems and Compliance functions appropriate for combination product(s) (devices).
The Quality Assurance Specialist is responsible for
1) Quality support of commercial manufacture in compliance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) requirements
2) Executing Quality requirements in support of commercial and developmental programs
3) Ensuring the realization of industry best practices for GxP and
4) Serving as quality approval proxy as required.
The Senior Quality Specialist will be capable of working on complex issues where analysis requires an in-depth assessment, considering many variables and potential consequences. May conduct or serve as a lead/coordinator of investigations and corrective and preventive action (CAPA) recommendations related to products. May assist with compliance audits as required.
Reporting to the Manager,
- Responsible for Quality oversight, with management support of external manufacturing, warehousing operations, validation, verification, and quality control of combination product(s) (devices).
- Perform batch documentation review, management of changes, complaints, deviations, validations and product annual reviews to ensure completeness, accuracy and compliance.
- Co-ordinate with CMO Quality and Operations teams to independently resolve discrepancies while liaising with internal Quality Groups to ensure on-time disposition of Finished Product.
- Evaluation and approval of supplier and CMO change notifications. Author and coordinate applicable changes through the Change Management process as required.
- Author, review and approve Quality Related Procedures as required in accordance with
- internal procedures and GMP principles to ensure quality objectives are met.
- Active participation and support implementation of continuous improvement initiatives of the Quality Business Unit.
Provide support and expertise for inspection readiness activities, during health authority inspections including interaction with inspectors, responses to inspection observations, to monitor progress of follow up actions.
- Support the stability program for combination products (devices) as required, facilitating communication and data acquisition between supply chain, contract manufacturers and stability program coordinator.
- Support the Vendor and Raw Material Qualification Program through collaboration with SQM Group to facilitate discussions between and CMO Quality organisations to establish responsibilities for Quality related functions.
- Provide Quality support for technology transfer across contract organisations to include; validation/verification activities and Laboratory Investigation Report review and approval for commercial and developing product pipelines.
- Support regulatory department with any regulatory filings associated with new market authorisations, annual reports and change supplements.
- Responsible for identifying defects and have the authority to report device / combination product defects at any time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
- Academic degree in Engineering or Science (preferably in an Applied Science).
- 5 + years’ experience working in international device and pharmaceutical /bio pharmaceutical companies with increased level of responsibility.
- Comprehensive knowledge of cGMP, Manufacturing and Quality Assurance experience.
- Sound awareness and understanding of pharmaceutical business, especially with regards to quality and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of FDA / EMEA standards and quality systems. Having interface with or participating in regulatory agency inspections preferred.
- Ability to deliver in a challenging environment using own initiative with little instruction on routine work, general instructions on new assignments.
- Strong mature leadership and interpersonal influencing skills showing personal/departmental accountability and responsibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with well-structured communication and presentation ability to various audience levels.
- Ability to operate efficiently in a complex matrix organization and international environment making sound decisions regarding compliance-related issues with minimal supervision.
For further information on this QA Specialist position please contact Laurentina Kennedy at The RFT Group on
01 2302400 / Laurentina@rftgroup.ie. Check out all our open jobs on our Recruitment website: www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Linked-in,