Due to continued expansion of their operations our client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced - Design Technician ? R&D
The Design Technician ? R&D will bring design and drafting competencies into the product development cycle from the early concept stage all the way to product release. These competencies are focused on the Engineering Documentation of the designs. A large component focuses on robust CAD design early in the concept stages of the development cycle. Direct supervision/guidance on print package content/deliverables, including Windchill document management.
This is a permanent role based in Galway with excellent progression opportunities
Key Responsibilities of Design Technician ? R&D:
- Work with R&D Engineering and vendors to develop a robust product design.
- Assists in development & documentation of all design requirements of developed designs.
- Involved in all design (fit & tolerance analysis)/print reviews to lead changes to the drawings, processes and tolerances to maintain a robust product design.
- Assist in creation & specification of test methods to measure developing design requirements.
- Assist in selection of appropriate process technologies to allow components to be created as required.
- Assist in selection of ancillary resources to assist. EX: Industrial Engineering, Engineering Analysis, prototype acquisition etc.
- Create CAD Solid Models of all design concepts.
- Management of Engineering print package, including adherence to drafting standards, engineering design standard (EDS) and other department procedures.
- Resource drafters to help create Solid Models and drawings.
- Manages the Print Package deliverables in Windchill (creation of part numbers, bill of materials, primary content files, design capability matrixes, product structure linkages, creation of change notices etc.).
- May provide illustrations, animation and web publishing solutions that allow communication of 2D/3D product information for interactive assembly, maintenance/ restoration of documentation, product presentations and Federal and International compliance.
- Assists in prototype construction and procurement (quotes & services) including 3D printing
- Minimum HETAC Level 6 qualification in a relevant field required
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience within Manufacturing
- Experience of working across different functions
Please send an up to date CV and cover letter to John Reid at The RFT Group / email@example.com / on 01-2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.