Our client is a young highly successful biopharmaceutical-based business that enables healthcare companies to develop, launch and supply products to the rapid growing cell and gene therapy and advanced medicines markets.
The company is led by a team of highly experienced and successful industry experts from across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Operating internationally, our client supports cell and gene therapy companies develop, manufacture and supply life-changing therapies to patients.
The newly created role of Sales Specialist will drive sales for their Cell and Gene Therapy, Contract Development Manufacturing Operations and Services. This exciting role will appeal to an ambitious Technical Sales expert who is keen to get involved at an early stage and become and influential leader in this growing company.
- Drive sales including the delivery and onboarding of new clients to enable Cell and Gene therapy business to grow.
- Generate a cGMP cell and gene therapy development and clinical manufacturing customer base.
- Support lead generation activities specifically in the field, covering at least 100-250+ cell and gene therapy commercial organisations, research institutions/academic institutions.
- Engages clients at biotech trade events, networking events and becomes active participants in associations (i.e. BIO Ohio, MassBio, BIOEurope, PDA etc)
- Facilitates site visits for advanced client discussions.
- Assist with proposals work with Technical Teams in the overall process for:
- Proposal generation
- Responding to requests for information (RFI) or proposal (RFP)
- Contract negotiation (MSA)
- Provide management with oral and written reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
- Lead business discussions with potential clients
- Establish and build strong business relationships with target client decision-makers and influencers.
- Manage target companies, via a customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Accountable for meeting/exceeding performance metrics including revenue goals.
- Strong technical credibility including relevant four-year degree, master’s, or PhD.
- 3 years- experience in biologics or cell and gene therapy CDMO/CMO preferred.
- Effective communication, influencing and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with solution selling in a multi stakeholder environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organisation including sales, service, technical support, marketing, and business management functions.
- An ambitious self-starter, highly motivated and able to work independently.
- Demonstrate strong entrepreneurial mindset and good negotiating skills.
- Attention to detail in all job functions and demonstrate high level of integrity.
- Anticipating problems and removing obstacles to perform tasks as assigned.
- Work to specific measurable objectives requiring operational planning skills.
- Frequent involvement in customer relations.
- Exercise crucial people skills and maintain a positive attitude.