Senior Medical Science Liaison, EU region
|Contact Name:||Larry O’Leary|
Our client are a clinical stage company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel antibodies that are directed towards rare diseases. Rapid expansion has led to the need to create an additional EU-based Senior Medical Science Liaison to their team.
The successful hire will be a regional expert in medical affairs primarily for Europe (and to a lesser extent other part of the world outside the US). The MSL/Sr. MSL will serve to develop and maintain working relationships with external collaborators and KOLs within disease areas relevant to the company. This hire will be the company’s scientific regional expert.
This is a field-based position and will require up to 80% EU travel. Also, the hire will be flexible to work from home when not travelling.
Responsibilities for Senior MSL:
- Develop and maintain relationships with key opinion leaders, other external experts, and principal investigators-Identify key national and regional thought leaders and any other external expert of interest (i.e., patient advocacy groups, digital opinion leaders, new investigators, etc.)
-Support clinical trial related activities, related to patient identification, recruitment and investigator education
-Help coordinate medical education to external stakeholders (patient advocacy groups, investigators and other experts within Company’s disease areas)
-Participate in the collection and exchange of scientific/technical information important to the development efforts
-Ensure all materials and activities reflect the highest standard of quality (i.e., material accurately referenced, correctly interpreted and communicated appropriately)
-Identify, coordinate, evaluate and monitor investigator-sponsored trials intended to support the clinical and scientific strategy of the products
-Help develop and manage to timelines publication plans of investigator-sponsored studies
-Represent the company at major meetings and conferences relevant to research and development efforts, including haematology, cardiology, nephrology and neurology disease states
- Maintain clinical and technical expertise in the therapeutic area through review of the scientific literature and attendance at key scientific meetings
- Assist in the development of, and participate in, regional advisory boards and medical education programs
- Coordinate with company HEOR team on country-specific payer-related needs and education
- Collaborate with and support in-office staff, e.g., publications, resource development, training, internal events, etc.
-Advanced scientific or clinical degree (PhD, PharmD, or MD preferred) with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in industry (i.e., biotech/pharmaceutical/medical device company, CROs)
-1-3 years’ experience as an MSL required
-Rare Disease and haematology experience preferred
-Cardiology and/or neurology experience a plus
-Fluent in two or more European languages
- Ability to manage timelines, multiple priorities under time constraints
- Experience with clinical research, publication activities, congress/conference/academy presentations
- Aptitude to develop technical expertise in new therapeutic areas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to cultivate and maintain relationships with thought leaders and to establish trust through the consistent demonstration of scientific expertise and satisfactory follow-through to requests from thought-leaders.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to compile and disseminate information to others in a cohesive fashion to assure a clear understanding of project status and direction.
- Excellent communicator, skilled at diplomacy and capable of effectively combining science and relationship building
Please contact Larry on +353 1-2302400 / firstname.lastname@example.org
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. www.rftgroup.ie