Due to continued expansion of their operations my client a well-established Multinational Healthcare Manufacturer now require a qualified and experienced Systems Software Engineer.
The Systems Software Engineer will have the responsibility for support and continuous Improvement of high volume automated and semi-automated production areas in a regulated environment.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in Factory Automation, controls systems design, specification, programming and project management experience.
This is a permanent role based in The Midlands
Responsibilities of Systems Software Engineer:
- Acquire a detailed understanding of existing programmable logic controllers, SCADA systems
- Implement code changes on automation systems under change control.
- Investigate and provide technical support to manufacturing and other engineering disciplines on automation related issues.
- Operate according to SOP?s developed for site engineering and maintenance.
- Partner with different disciplines to deliver automation projects in accordance with GAMP guidelines.
- Generate documentation and SOP?s associated with each of the Automation systems as required.
- Equipment and Software Validation, IQ, OQ and PQ.
Manage the specification, development, installation and validation of automation projects within budget and corporate guidelines.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related fields
- Essential experience and working knowledge of the Allen Bradley suite of products.
- Experience with other PLC manufacturers an advantage but not essential ( Siemens S7, Beckhoff, ELAU)
- Robotics programming/maintenance of Fanuc ,Janome equipment.
- Experience in the area of Motion Control ( Servo Systems/ VSD/Motor Control)
- Ability to Read, understand and draft electrical schematics.
- Strong understanding of machine safety systems and safety hardware.
- Machine Vision System experience with Cognex, Keyence or OCR systems
- Experience of FDA regulations, 21CFR Part 11, Electronic records, electronic signatures and Part 820, Quality system regulation.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, Biopharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.