My client a leading Pharmaceutical company now require an Engineering Technician to join their expanding team.
The Engineering Technician is responsible for providing technical support for the safe and efficient maintenance of equipment in a high containment Pharmaceutical plant, operating to HPRA and FDA standards.
This is a permanent role based in Dublin and it comes with a good salary with good benefits.
Responsibilities of Engineering Technician
- Ensure API, Blending, Capsule Filling, Primary and Secondary Packaging equipment, as well as camera, serialisation and high containment systems are set up and maintained to appropriate standards.
- Work with flexibility within the Engineering Department and in co-operation with other Departments.
- Promote lean maintenance best practices at all times within a continuous improvement environment.
- Assist in developing and improving new and existing maintenance routines within a cGMP environment.
- Carry out planned/unplanned maintenance on production and utilities equipment.
- Carry out calibration of equipment as required
- Proactively follow up on re-occurring technical issues.
- Use of the computerized maintenance management system to record in detail maintenance activities on equipment/utilities in compliance with regulatory & cGMP requirements.
- Execution of work orders and calibrations as scheduled through the computerized maintenance management system.
- Daily reporting of maintenance activities at shift meetings, ensuring issues and open items / concerns are communicated in a timely and concise manner.
- Participate in Safety and Environmental training programs and initiatives. Adhere to safe working practices as set out by the Safety Statement and other company safety rules.
- Maintaining compliance with site procedures and policies.
- Participate fully in any cross-functional training initiatives and mentor operations personnel at all times.
- Available to respond to ‘call out’ as per a pre-defined Rota if required.
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with all the departments’ customers on site.
Requirements of Engineering Technician:
- Minimum of a mechanical apprenticeship with a minimum of 5 years’ experience and or a mechanical engineering degree.
- 3+ years maintenance experience in a pharmaceutical environment.
- SAP CMMS experience an advantage.
- Available to work shift when needed for which a supplement would be paid
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialize exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.
For more information please contact John at The RFT Group / www.rftgroup.ie / 01 2302400 or click apply below