Due to continued expansion my client a multinational Medical Device company now require Lean Manufacturing Engineer.
The successful candidate will maximize the performance (quality, output volume, & cost ) of manufacturing processes, by providing high impact technical/operational support, and by developing processes to the highest possible standards.
They will co-ordinate and complete Kaizen activities and development of technicians with a mind-set of improvement.
This is a permanent role based in Galway.
Key Responsibilities of Lean Manufacturing Engineer:
- To implement appropriate process controls on to manufacturing processes for robust and repeatable commercial product manufacturing.
- Responsible for driving yield, availability and throughput improvement in CER.
- To maximise manufacturing process performance through effective implementation of Lean Sigma methodology.
- To apply a scientific approach to problem solving, combining analytical and experimental skills to maximise overall equipment effectiveness.
- To ensure that all Engineering work and designs are carried out to appropriate GMP, QA/Regulatory Authority standards and Environmental Health and Safety standards
- To support the development of new processes in conjunction with Process/Manufacturing/R&D Engineering ensuring that new processes are stable and capable.
- To provide technical support to new product/technology introductions.
- To support the development of in-house Subject Matter Experts (SME) across the range of core technologies.
- To ensure that non-conforming products and processes are evaluated and corrected on assigned projects in accordance with process controls and procedures.
- Lead NCR, CAPA resolution in their area and to implement robust corrections to failure
- To execute Validation activities as required in conjunction with the validation dept.
- To provide direction and guidance to technician team for assigned CER.
- Degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a responsible Manufacturing Engineering/ Process Development role within Medical Device/Healthcare or similar type industry.
- Proven Implementation of Lean Manufacturing experience essential.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt qualification is highly desirable and will have a significant advantage
- Catheter manufacturing experience is highly desirable and would be an advantage.
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors.