Our client, an innovative chemical science company who are now expanding their R&D pipeline to support their global growth, have a number of exciting opportunities in their Regulatory team for scientists who wish to put their knowledge and training to use in a fast-paced, results-focused commercial R&D environment.
As part of their expansion, our client now seeks a Regulatory Environmental Scientist to join their Regulatory team assisting with the defence of existing product authorisations through the renewal process. The main responsibility of this role will be Environmental exposure modelling of chemicals in the environment (groundwater, soil and surface water bodies by drift, deposition etc), ensuring product compliance with environmental regulations.
Profile: preferred candidates will be performance driven, with a 'can-do' attitude and ability to work in fast paced evolving environment. Demonstrated ability to work on own initiative or as part of a team, in meeting strict timelines is necessary.
Responsibilities of Regulatory Environmental Scientist:
- Drafting position papers and bespoke refinement strategies.
- Environmental exposure modelling of chemicals in the environment (groundwater, soil and surface water bodies by drift, deposition etc).
- Building creative technical solutions to unique scientific issues for environmental risk assessments.
- Commissioning and management of GLP studies elucidating the behaviour of active substances/metabolites in soil, water and sediment.
- Derivation of endpoints including soil half-lives, adsorption parameters and kinetics based on EU and higher tier data.
- Determination of refinement options and higher tier approaches in line with EU guidance.
- Dossier generation.
- Bachelor of Science Degree at minimum in Life Science discipline. Masters or PhD being an advantage.
- Experience in environmental science or environmental chemistry.
- Any knowledge of ecology, risk assessment, environmental impact assessment or ecotoxicology is desirable.
- Exposure to regulatory affairs, ideally within chemical or plant protection industrial setting would be advantageous but is not essential.
- Ability to present clear and concise written arguments to support a specific regulatory or scientific position on a topic.
- Perform tasks in an accurate, timely and efficient manner.
- Excellent attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and work in an environment with shifting priorities.
- Proactively seek to add value to processes, both existing and new.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in an EU language (French/German/Spanish/Italian) would be an advantage.
The RFT Group, BioPharmaceutical Division specialise exclusively in the recruitment of scientists, engineers and executives for the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device sectors. www.rftgroup.ie
Follow us on: Facebook, Linked-in, twitter