Posted on 19 days ago by Gerry Kennedy
Manager, Manufacturing and Supply Chain: Dublin
This position offers the right candidate an opportunity to play a key operational role in the management of a highly ambitious rapidly growing pharmaceutical manufacturing position.
Our client is a rapid growing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer. This position will be based in Dublin. The Manager of Manufacturing and Supply Chain will help to establish supply chain logistics and management for company products.
This position will work closely with multiple internal and external suppliers and partners to identify and manage the demand planning/inventory management process for both inline and new product introductions within the supply chain. Additionally, this position will be responsible for coordinating sourcing strategy and execution in support of the pharmaceutical supply chain. The position will be required to work closely with several functional departments including technical manufacturing personnel within our CMOs, materials management, procurement, quality, regulatory affairs and others to successfully deliver intended results. This position will be responsible for the development and implementation of operational metrics in support of manufacturing and supply chain operations.
Lead and integrate the strategic sourcing activities across multiple manufacturing facilities to provide timely delivery of finished goods in accordance with commercial requirements.
Ensure that all products supplied and all systems within the control of the Senior Manager of Manufacturing and Supply Chain function are operated in compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements, cGMP and company policy.
Implement data analysis and review of spend data to facilitate sourcing strategy
Facilitate contracting process and management of contract activities with key business partners Establish vendor scorecards and management oversight for key business partners
Establish and lead the demand planning/inventory management process for multiple products, take preventative actions to avoid potential supply issues
Develop and implement a sales and operations planning process as needed
Establish and manage ongoing metrics and KPI’s for supply chain/strategic procurement activities
Lead the establishment of an international distribution and logistics for commercial and/or clinical programs
Develop supply strategy to maximize supply efficiency, minimize waste while identifying risk and develop risk mitigation plans
Assist with preparation of program budgets
Develop strong internal collaboration with stakeholders to ensure customer satisfaction
Identify continuous improvement and best practice projects for supply chain and strategic procurement function
Batchelor’s in life sciences or business major required, Minimum 6 to 8 years in pharmaceutical industry related experience
At least 3 years direct experience in Manufacturing and Chemistry, with experience in Supply Chain including procurement, sourcing, planning, distribution, etc….
At least 3 years of strategic sourcing, contract negotiations and implementation
Supply Chain management experience supporting both internal manufacturing and external contract manufacturing organizations is desirable
Travel domestic and international – up to 20%
- Demonstrated experience in inventory management and forecasting drug supply needs globally
- Familiar with the process and systems related to managing the forecasting and planning of drug supply needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of sales and operations planning process
- Demonstrates knowledge of strategic procurement process including data analysis, RFQ process, negotiation strategy and contract management
- Ability to develop, implement and monitor a metrics performance package for supply chain and procurement activities
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of import / export regulations and pharmaceutical logistics/distribution practices
- General understanding of budgeting and strategic planning process
- General knowledge of GMP and/or GCP
- Demonstrated experience and familiarity with large scale ERP systems (SAP preferred but not essential)
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Project software required
- Demonstrates flexibility through adapting to external environment influences through development of new strategies and tactics
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, strong collaboration skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage complexity
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills required to effectively address problems and interface with other functional areas of the company while working in a matrixed global environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written are required.