Posted on about 1 year ago by Gerry Kennedy
Chief Medical Officer
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company based in Dublin. With a presence in over 90 countries worldwide, our client is partnered with many of the worlds most successful multinational pharmaceutical companies and is a market leader in both male and female healthcare. The company has invested heavily in research and development and now has an exciting pipeline of drugs in late-stage development.
Reporting in fixed line to the Board of Directors the Chief Medical Officer will provide direction and leadership in products, clinical and scientific development globally. You will also ensure timely product registration and marketing in compliance with applicable regulatory and safety regulation. The role provides strategic direction for new products and therapies development on the corporate level.
The job duties can be categorized into the following fields:
• Strategic leadership in new therapies development.
• Strategic Communication with medical and scientific communities.
• Provide expert opinion and due diligence research on business development opportunities.
• Build, maintain and manage strategic key opinion leaders’ relationships.
• Develop strategic plans for the company’s product portfolio to ensure development programs meet quality and safety standards required by patients, healthcare providers and regulatory agencies.
• Contribute to the development of effective early and late stage clinical strategies to ensure a successful product approval and launch.
• Represent the company with health and legislative agencies addressing health/medical/safety aspects of the company’s product portfolio.
• Provide consultative guidance on health-related matters to leaders across the company and with outside organizations.
• Management of external advisory boards.
• Membership in task force groups, executive and steering committees of important initiatives and associations.
Strategic Scientific Communication
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of world-class scientific communication programs.
• Contribute to the integration of Clinical and Scientific content into marketing and sales communication and training programs.
• Present results at scientific meetings, publish results in scientific journals.
• Identify, select and ensure leading physicians on the company’s speakers’ bureau.
• Establish strong links with R&D to ensure that specific medical requirements are integrated into the development process and in the clinical strategy.
• Anticipate trends and future developments and transfer know-how from one area to another.
• Participate in the clinical development strategies for all new products.
• Be part of the product development process to ensure faster product commercialization.
• Oversee clinical programs development and execution.
• Ensure sufficient and appropriate resources are deployed to deliver on key milestones and to advance all the company’s products in developments.
• Review and approve all clinical documentation.
• Give input and/or prepare/review all clinical evaluation chapters in all products registration documents.
• Ensure all activities are carried out with the highest professional ethics and compliant with all internal and external rules.
• Exercise strongest scientific rigor and place patient’s benefits as a priority.
• Ensure all interaction with healthcare professionals are carried in compliance with rules.
• Act as a representative to the company.
• Assume all other responsibilities and authorities this function may require regarding new opportunities.
• General monthly reporting to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be a Medical Doctor with extensive experience in managing medical and clinical teams in the pharmaceutical industry. In addition to a strong medical reputation, the new Chief Medical Officer will possess outstanding entrepreneurship and leadership skills. You will also possess excellent communication and relationship building skills with a high level of diplomacy to navigate the cross-functional matrix.
Other required experience/skills include:
• Broad knowledge of pharmaceutical industries and all applicable regulatory requirements.
• Proven understanding of healthcare system requirements.
• Proven track record of providing visional leadership.
• Analytical skills; broad understanding of complex medical facts, business economic, R&D and production requirements.
• Strong influencing and diplomatic skills with the ability to work effectively with others in a matrix environment.
• Strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated initiative and strong work ethic.
• Strong personal integrity with effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills, able to motivate others.
• The international mindset with the ability to travel globally.
• Highly self-motivated and standalone.
Cv to Gerry Kennedy at The RFT Group on firstname.lastname@example.org / ++ 353 1 2302400 / www.rftgroup.ie