Posted on over 5 years ago by Gerry Kennedy
External Supply Chain Director
Our client is an exciting ambitious fast growing multinational pharmaceutical manufacturer. An exciting product pipeline scheduled for launch over the coming years will stretch and grow the person who holds this post.
- Accountable for leading and managing the external demand and supply for commercial products. This includes forecasting, issuing PO’s as well as day-to-day demand and supply interactions.
- Partner with the Commercial Supply Chain team in the development and implementation of robust & effective systems to ensure continuity of supply as well as inventory management and capacity planning.
- Contribute to the monthly S&OP process.
- Accountable for leading and managing the contracting process and strategy for contracting activities associated with proprietary commercial, clinical and pipeline products.
- Partner with Legal, Finance, Process Development, External Quality, Technical Operations, EHSS, and other SME functions across the internal network, to deliver contracts aligned with business goals.
- Lead business relationship management activity for key Vendors developing mutually beneficial relationships.
- Lead and ensure contract compliance in accordance with contractual terms, with business partners.
- Contribute to the development & implementation of sustainable management systems in the area of contracting.
- Contribute to the development & implementation of a vendor selection process for direct sourced materials
- Contribute to the identification and selection of strategic sourcing opportunities for the business
- Develop & implement a governance process across the external network of Vendors and CMO’s for development and commercial business partners.
- Lead and manage initiatives to ensure that external manufacturing or supply issues are resolved satisfactorily
- Develop, implement and maintain risk assessment tools to evaluate vendor risk profiles and establish remediation strategies/plans to improve supply chain robustness
- Establish KPI’s, vendor scorecards and management oversight for business partners.
- Establish working partnerships with the broader Supply Chain team and the External Operations team, set and maintain high performance standards across the Vendor network.
- Establish mechanisms for early identification of poor Vendor performance and work with Vendor to address.
- Establish working partnership with the External Operations functions in supporting the delivery of business strategy and goals.
- Portray a culture consistent with culture and values across the internal and external network.
- Prepare and manage the External Supply Chain budget.
- Develop strong internal collaborations with stakeholders to ensure stakeholder & customer satisfaction.
- Lead, mentor, coach the team assigned to your area of responsibility.
- Ensure that personnel assigned to your area of responsibility are appropriately trained commensurate with their roles & responsibilities.
- Identify and lead continuous improvement/ best practice projects & processes across the External Operations function and work collaboratively to implement aligned with business strategy.
- Bachelors in life sciences, supply chain or business major required, Masters preferred.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in life sciences related industry or pharmaceutical/biotech preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of contract negotiation, contract management and vendor management experience preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years’ experience in people management/leadership roles.
- Legal experience or legal qualification would be advantageous.
- Demonstrated negotiation & contracting skills are key to the role.
- Strong understanding of budget development and spend management.
- Established track record with evidence of excellent people management and leadership experience, project management, problem solving, collaborative, leadership and communication skills.
- Experience in leading and managing a professional team, cross-functional teams, supplier relationships,
- Experience working within a regulated industry with quality management system requirements is desirable including general knowledge of GMP and CFR’s
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office and ERP (SAP preferred)
- Ability to lead and work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills required and knowledge depth of subject matter to converse with Vendors, CMO’s, external partners and internal functions
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships with other functional areas of the organisation, working in a matrixed global environment.
- Proven track record of delivering business and operational benefit in a global complex/decentralized environmentTravel - domestic and international – expected to be in the region of 25%.
Please forward your CV application to email@example.com or call 01 2302400.